Wednesday 21 March 2018

Thursday 22nd March 2018 - Alliance Francais French Film Festival - "Mr Stein Goes Online" on Dulcinea's Day Off From Work

It been a while since I last had a proper mid week day off. So what does one do on her day off?

Plan plan plan preplan......

Today the only activities I wanted to do was to :

1. Sleep in - only until 8.00 am though

2. Go and see Mr Stein Goes Online @ The Chauvel Cinema in the old Paddington Town Hall Building on Oxford Street (my old stomping ground) which is part of the French Film Festival before it ends on Monday 26th March 2018. Rating : 8/10 very entertaining. Demographics watching this film today 60+ year olds.





Optional activity baking a complex layered cake - no can't be bothered , much rather buy a slice of one. Maybe do this later when I return home after the movie if I have time  after preparing to go to work tomorrow.

So I take the M40 this morning directly to Oxford Street Paddington and alighted the bus one stop too early.

I stopped off at Infinity Bakery which has been at its current location for quite a long time - it was possibly known as Infinity Sourdough in its early years. I purchased a charcoal bun for $2.50 and after tasting a sample of their chocolate cake and asking if it was sold in slices purchased a slice for $6.00. There was something about this chocolate cake which made it a perfect snack - not sickly sweet but rather smooth and nutty in texture and I have a feeling it is a flourless cake. Yum but must save some for later to go with my maple tea! The charcoal bun - not rating it - it was charcoal in colour but no charcoal taste in sight. Not recommended at all! I have had a few different charcoal buns before and they look and taste like charcoal. Chocolate cake rating : 8/10, charcoal bun rating : 2/10

Next to purchase a ticket to see the movie starting at 2.15 pm. Plenty of time to look at the Big Designer Fashion Sale also on in the same building or go to the library also in the same building. Better still a walk down memory lane and another purchase of a spinach quiche from Cafe 352 . Yum. Spinach quiche rating : 8/10 . Not a bad spinach quiche although not my favourite, crust very thin and short which I prefer with a uniform layer of firm egg mixture topped with a light covering of spinach  without any melted cheese visible. Could do with a little more flavour.

Photos of my purchases from their locations below. Infinity Bakery &  Cafe 352



Slice of chocolate cake $6 


Charcoal bun $2.50











Spinach quiche $5

The below photograph is where I used to work (not in the store but in the back office across the road in the laneway behind).Ah yes I have worked for some very "famous" people - ie that Bill Wilson - Donna Hay's ex husband (back when they were both together)











No comments:

Post a Comment