Friday 15 March 2019

Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th March 2019 - Happy Wet St Patricks Day Weekend & My First 3 Day Weekend Off

What do you do on a very wet weekend forecast in Sydney when it is your first real weekend off and it is St Patricks Day?

First thing is sleep in until 9 am. Next a shower and 2 breakfasts - well a continental breakfast followed by a full brunch @ Luneburger and The Little Fish Shoppe @ Town Hall on Saturday.

Next recharge my Opal card for the week then off to the museum perhaps or shopping.

Last night I paid my bills and did my laundry so my next 3 days are free.

Trackwork trackwork trackwork - there seems to be trackwork almost every weekend particularly on the Northshore lines.

The only 2 rail lines operating this weekend seem to be the City Circle & Eastern suburbs. Thank goodness as we don't want to upset the St Patrick's Day celebrations tomorrow at Circular Quay!

Onto the MCA to see the Janet Laurence After Nature art installation. Split across 2 areas on the 1st floor of the MCA (up the stairs from foreshore entrance to museum where cloaking and reception desk is located).

Photos attached.







































Rating: 8/10 I can really relate to this art installation having a science background. The interaction between nature and humans before and after its natural life -  it is another must see. I could send hours there. Would have loved to have booked to go to one of her elixir lab tasting sessions but unfortunately when I looked online sessions to end of June are all booked out.


Photos below are of St Patricks Day set up at First Fleet Park on Saturday for Sunday's celebrations - 9.30 am on Sunday morning and it is pouring with rain outside my room! The St Patricks Day parade around Circular Quay is meant to start around 11 am with mustering starting at 10 am - good luck it will be a muddy wet one! It is now absolutely pouring with rain at 9.40 am Sunday morning and it is just getting heavier by the minute!!!!! By 11 am Sunday morning I am having brunch and outside it looks as if a cyclone has hit Sydney - it is just pouring with rain so wet most of the public areas the dining room platform to carriages and the foyer area as well as just outside the bathrooms is leaking from the ceilings. I hope the outdoor activities and parade for St Patricks Day have been cancelled or at least moved indoors today. It is now 11.30 am and I dare not wander out instead read my Election Official Manual in preparation for my role as a DVIO at next weekend's NSW state election inside my room where it is still nice and dry!








The St Patricks Day parade went ahead in the rain although I didn't go to to watch it. Instead I headed to Bondi Junction by train ( one of only 2 lines that did not have trackwork over the weekend as mentioned previously) in the rain to check my po box for my postal vote and lodge it immediately using the replied pasid envelope. I had no witnesses to sign it so lodged the ballot papers without a witness and sealed the replied paid envelopoe closed with 3 bandaids as moisture would not seal it closed. Done.

Next to my storage to retrieve some personal items I am about to run out of eg toiletries then onto Kmart and The Reject Shop to purchase supplies I did not have any left of.

Then back to the YHA at Railway Square for dinner and a nap and catch up on my blogging. I tossed and turned about whether to go back out to Cicular Quay to see the lighting of the Opera House sails in green to celebrate St Patricks day. I could not be bothered even though the rain has stopped.









No comments:

Post a Comment