Friday 1 March 2019

Saturday 2nd March 2019 - Mardi Gras Parade & Nick Cave Until @ Carriageworks

What a busy weekend! My morning started off by packing and getting ready to move to the YHA Railway Square as my temporary home for the next 2 weeks and possibly further 2 weeks as I am now homeless.

Next my search continues for a new home. House hunting is not as easy as it sounds. I haven't really mentioned it but I have been spending every spare day I have had since I returned from Canada looking for a new place to live. (I was kicked out of my apartment literally I had to leave let's leave it at that - I was stressed out enough with everything especially on Saturday so I didn't need a long text message from my sister late on Saturday night when I had already moved out and just about to arrive at where I was staying stating that I had to move out now! -  (I knew I had to move out by the end of February as the builders were coming this weekend to start repairs to the unit which has been plagued by strata problems and renovations before the unit is sold) Postscript - it has been 4 days since I moved out and nothing has been done to the unit no sign of any builders or repairs. My father's stuff is still in the unit and very little has been thrown out. I have been returning after work whenever I can to collect stuff  a bit at a time I had left behind in the unit as I could not take it all in one go due to lack of time and I don't drive.

Next on my agenda My Will. Everyone should have one but who has the time to write one? So I thought I would make mine public - on my blog.

There is one thing I will like to state very clearly now and it holds to when I pass away as I have not drawn up a will yet . I therefore would like my wishes made public by posting it on my blog so there are no disputes over my estate for when I pass away in the future. 

Because I have no offspring or partner of my own. My estate will not be (under any circumstances) inherited by any of my immediate family ie my siblings ie my brother or sister or their partners or any of their friends or family including my niece or newphew. They can dispute this all they like but I want to ensure that my estate is placed into a trust or donated and not given away to any immediate family members. This also applies to my (surviving) parent.

Another very important part of my will - I wrote an email to a certain share registry back in Dec 18 before departing to travel overseas stating that I fully own certain shares in a Telecommunication company and that the initial public offering belonged to me and not jointly owned with my father who purchased the second public offering of these telecommunication shares. I stated that I soley owned these shares but only used the billing name on the telecommunication account as it was a household bill to purchase them . My sister claimed that I was receiving the dividends from these shares which she claimed were not mine . I have made it clear to her in a text message that they are mine and I have all the paperwork. I am making it clear publicly that she, my brother, my surviving father and any of her family or friends have absolutely no entitlement to my telecommunication initial public offering shares. And they above will have absolutely no entitlement to any of my other shares or unit trusts I may own.

I add to this that none of my relatives on my mother's side of the family or their friends or relatives (that reside mostly in Canada) will inherit or take advanage of any of my estate especially my piece of Whistler.

I have no idea of how much my estate is worth. Could I be a secret millionaire? I have no idea.

I would like my cousin Ivy to have something she would like of mine and her sister Cara and her partner possibly a trip to Whistler? if they both outlive me. 

The family tree book I stated in the 1990s will probably go to my cousin Jason so he can continue to add to it. He can continue my quest to solve the mystery of whether Lydia Lau of HK is a distant cousin of mine.

None of my relatives know about who I would like to inherit what from my estate unless they read my blog.

Onto what I got upto on Saturday morning
This Saturday morning I was suppose to inspect 2 rental properties but abandoned the first one for inpection of another closer to Chatswood Station. This rental property was located on the Pacific Highway in Greenwich. A 30 minute walk from Chatswood Station or a 15 minute bus ride on the #144 bus. The property is a converted old hotel known as The Shore Inn. My manager had sent me a link to it yesterday but I wasn't interested after inspecting another property she suggested which turned out to be a dud! This property was so cute on the outside and even cuter on the inside that I filled out an application form whilst waiting for the inspection. The form was so lengthy and I had so much trouble completing it I asked the real estate agent to assist me in completing it which she did. I texted my manager to tell her my thoughts.

Next was onto my second property inspection which I also abandoned as soon as I knew that I would not be able to make the inspection there in time.

I decided to go to Carriageworks - there was a Saturday Market on and I had not eaten all morning therefore looked around the markets for something to eat - I started off sampling what was on offer then purchased an $8.50 chicken mushroom and leek pie. Although delicious I wasn't keen on the pastry. I really wanted a pie from Bloomfields but no eftpos no sale - come on it is getting towards a cashless society so get with the technology!






Next to see what I came to Carriageworks for - The Nick Cave art installation UNTIL on from 23rd Nov 2018 - 3rd March 2019.

This art installation closes tomorrow therefore despite my busy schedule I was determined to see it before it closed.

So glad I made the effort - it is amazing and I could spend quite a few hours here. It is boiling hot but worth the trip out to Carriageworks.

I have uploaded photos of this art installation onto Facebook.

The art instalkation is split into the following :

Crystal Cloudscape

Kinetic Spinner Forest

Hy- Dyve

Beaded Cliff Wall

Flow/Blow

Wallwork

This art installation was very interactive with ladders to climb to get a view of  his artwork from above or alternatively taking the elevator up to the viewing platform. Get a different perspective of his artwork by walking under the chandeliers or through a woven tunnel - take a selfie in front of a wind machine blowing strands of coloured metallic streamers and feel like you are part of tonight's Mardi Gras parade and walk through hundreds of spinning  reflective metallic wind chimes hanging from the ceiling to the floor inside. You can see the enormous art installation from outside of the converted Carriageworks train shed from the markets across. You overhear visitors wow at this art installation and question how long it took to install and how it was going to be uninstalled due to its enormous size.













A quick trip back home to pick up 1 suitcase which I will be living out of for the next 2 or 4 weeks staying at YHA Railway Square. arrive quite late that evening and onto see the Mardi Gras parade that night - totally stressed out and tired I did not stay for much of the parade this year just a section of it around 45 minutes or so - far too crowded. It was a very long walk to Oxford Street with shoulder to shoulder crowds of people which you had to shimmy pass in order to even get a 10 deep view of the floats. Thank goodness for the zoom function on phone cameras! Could not see any marching boys or dykes on bikes but the floats were high enough to get quite good views of. I didn't get covered in glitter this year like I did in previous years due to the phasing out of glitter.

A girl next to me was carrying an inflatable penis and wanted to penetrate everyone around her including me.

There were street parties everywhere and people's costumes were just as amazing as the parade's participant's costumes.

Photos again uploaded onto Facebook.








Sunday I am working filling in at the last minute for a work collegue - I never work on Sundays as it is too difgicult with public transport to get to work) all day before returning to the apartment to continue packing.




No comments:

Post a Comment