Friday 15 May 2020

Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th May 2020 - Do Nothing Go Nowhere Weekend

Saturday 16th May 2020
This weekend officially marks 8 full weeks of unemployment. I am unsure what to do now. I have tried everything to try and get a job and it looks like it will not happen. Not even volunteer work. After paying bills e.g. weekly rent and shopping for food yesterday with more bills still to pay I won't have much left again after receiving my next welfare cheque. It is so important for me to keep on top of all my bills - years of working in accounting has taught me this.

There is nothing interesting on tv to watch and it is not the best day to go out for a walk. The sun came out for less then an hour this morning before retreating and returning to an awful overcast day which turned into quite a period of rain. After lunch and it is starting to clear up - a patch of blue sky peeps out - destined not to last long but it is. There are even miner birds flying about on the tree outside my window.

When I'm bored I like to eat however in order to have something to eat I need to cook so I decided to gather all my bits and pieces of vegetables I can find in my fridge and oven roast them along with chicken breast fillets. A pretty quick dish to prepare - I just cut up all my vegetables potatos, pumpkin, capsicum, cherry tomatos and brussel sprouts and place them into a shallow roasting tray spread out evenly to cover the tray- drizzle then tossed with olive oil - I cut the rather large half breast of a chicken into 3 and sprinkle chilli flakes, salt flakes and ground pepper onto each piece and place them on top of the roast vegetables. I pop the tray into an oven and leave it to roast for about 1.5 hours. After 1 hour I turn over the chicken breast pieces and get some cubed up unsalted butter and place this evenly over the tops of the chicken breast pieces spreading the butter as it melts from the heat over the chicken breast pieces allowing the excess butter to drip into the roasted vegetables to prevent the chicken and vegetables from drying out. A final touch of chopped semi dried basil is sprinkled over the chicken breast pieces and onto the roasted vegetables.

After 1.5 hours it's time to eat - so yummy and heats up the apartment at the same time although it really is starting to clear up outside and the blue skies have stayed.

Into the oven raw chicken & vegetables

1.5 hours later - lunch! Even some leftover for another meal.


View out of my window  -  some blue sky!


I found some photos from my worst trip ever to Cradle Mountain back on 24th July 2016 - refer my blog about my trip. I was so disappointed about my trip to Cradle Mountain I decided not to even blog about it at all. I did not even post any photos. The only thing I enjoyed about my trip to Cradle Mountain besides the snow were these little fellas - womats wondering around and burrowing in the snow. They really were adorable and they were so tame you could get really close up to them but never touch them as they are the size of dogs and have a real bum of steel that could bowl you over! The previous trip I  travelled to Cradle Mountain , there was no snow but we still got up close to these large furry friends but had to avoid their poop everywhere we went. That's all they do all day -   eat the grass around them, poop, burrow and sleep. Their bums are used to keep predators out of their burrows by blocking the entrance of them with it.





Today I also posted another flashback video onto YouTube from 2012. It still plays unlike others I tried to copy then open to view.

There are a few Christmas lights videos I also wanted to post onto YouTube but they are about 14 minutes long and would take overnight just to upload from this phone.

Sunday 17th May 2020
It has certainly cleared up today but I still have not left my apartment. The sun is actually out. I woke up this morning and even with my window blind down the sun was peeping through blinding me.

Having another allergy day today in the morning. Took an antihistamine to clear it up. At least it's not raining anymore.

Today I was going to make a wacky or crazy cake however am in the process of trying out a depression recipe which involves making a chocolate cake from just crushed chocolate biscuit crumbs baking powder cream and water. I have just made up my chocolate "cake batter" and am letting the mixtures rest to absorb all the water and cream. It said you can add other ingredients to make more chocolatey such as cocoa powder or real chocolate chips. I added chopped glace cherries, some butterscotch candy lozengers,  some pure icing sugar, extra vanilla paste and some chocolate essence to make my depression cake more chocolatey. I know the biscuit crumbs I used will not be sweet enough ( a combination of crushed left over plain digestive biscuits and the remaining chocolate biscuits I had previously made and crushed up). I might add some extra chocolate as well later - probably as an icing, glaze or frosting.

I also have in the oven at the moment a mushroom shallot mixed herbs and cheese frittata. I didn't have any pastry or crust so I sliced up the bread I had made previously into thinner slices and laid them in a ceramic dish before pouring the frittata mix over the top of it to bake for an hour or so in the oven. I placed the cheese slices over the top of the mixture rather then chopping the cheese up and mixing it through the frittata. Hope it tastes ok.


This frittata was actually quite nice to eat. Only thing I would have done better was slice the homemade bread into thinner slices before placing them to line the bottom of the dish. Maybe more cheese as well and maybe a little more egg mixture. Still a nice  brunch.

I just checked my readership and it is now 24 500 - still a long way to go before I hit my goal of 25 000 readers!


I fell asleep before Masterchef even started.

No comments:

Post a Comment