Friday 8 May 2020

Saturday 9th - Sunday 10th May 2020 - Quick Dessert In A Jar & Happy Mothers' Day!

Saturday 9th May 2020
I am now so bored - you know that feeling when you have done everything you have to do that's important but have other not so important stuff to do that can be done later? 

Well I'm at that stage that I wish I had a job - not money not food or drink ( my fridge and pantry seem like a bottomless pit at the moment) but employment.

I am so bored I resorted to creating a quick no bake dessert in a jar. 

As mentioned previously I wanted to make my famous 4 ingredient cheese cake however because I am on my own, it would take me forever to eat it all. So this is how I became creative and made a quick dessert in a jar for one.

I had washed, dried & kept a promite jar so I thought this would make a great vessel to hold my dessert and if I can't finish it I can put the lid on and store it in the fridge for later.

First layer was the crushed up dark chocolate biscuit crumb I had made and saved previously. Biscuit crumb always makes a great base or first layer for any "deconstructed" dessert. I spoon a generous amount into the bottom of my little jar.

I had a rather large apple so I skinned and cubed enough of my apple to fill approximately a third of my little jar to form the second layer of my dessert creation.

Finally the top layer of my dessert in a jar for one was a no bake mini cheese cake mousse. However not my 4 ingredient cheese cake mixture, instead I mixed in a little bowl a squeeze of dark molasses, some thickened cream, some mascapone cheese, pitted dates, some pure icing sugar, a splash of rosewater  some ground cinnamon & ground cloves and some vanilla paste. I mix these ingredients all up and give it a taste. I scoop this mousse mixture on top of my apple in my little jar. 

I top it with a sprinkle of  my crushed biscuit and a pinch of ground wattle seed ( to give it a little hint of coffee taste). I could not garnish it with any greenery or a glace cherry as I did not have any left. 

So yummy, I am forced to stop because of my lactose intolerance - I am now suffering!

The result
( Apologies I am still having problems uploading my photo)


Here it is finally! I made a bit of a boo boo the apple should have been placed on top of the cheese cake mousse.


Sunday 10th May 2020
Happy Mother's Day to everyone that is a mother or has a mother.

It makes me miss my mum this time of the year even more.

I did absolutely nothing today except go through quite of few of my micro sd cards. I found some interesting old videos amongst my archive of photos and videos. Some of the much older videos unfortunate won't open and play anymore as their format is no longer supported therefore I have to read up on how I can copy paste open upload and view them.

I didn't end up going out today but will have to tomorrow to return my faulty mattress that sunk after a few hours of inflating and laying on it and completely deflated over the first night I slept on it. I tried to inflate it 2 more times and it deflated completely again. I an sleeping on the floor again! I also need some toilet paper.

Tonight I am watching Masterchef again. Have tried all day to avoid watching the news as I am sick of hearing about the Corona virus as much as I hate being unemployed! Can't believe I fell asleep towards the end of it again! I thought Ben the ice cream man was going to be eliminated but no Chris the meat man I think was!  ( I have to check by watching a replay tv of the episode last night online to confirm this).

Was on Facebook watching more of Scottish Banter humor.

I forgot to mention a news article online popped up and it read "Scotland: Bull's itchy bum cuts power to 800 homes" Is this for real? -  only in Scotland - and that is why I love reading Scottish Banter on Facebook! Humour is what we all need in these troubled times either that or the world is running out of news to report except for confusion and bombardment of information related to COVID - 19  and looking more like COVID 19- 21!

I see people are reading a blog I just posted from quite a few years ago. It is so old I can't find a photo on my current micro st card to copy and past onto it - there is a few but they are hidden on one of the other ad cards.






No comments:

Post a Comment