Thursday 8 December 2016

Friday 9th December 2016 - Secret Santa and Something Funny That Happened at Work Today

Secret Santa
Ever wondered who plays the role of Santa at your local shopping centre. I have. Is Santa naughty or nice? Well have a read of what I witnessed and decide for yourself.

I catch the bus to work everyday and a few of us have come to know each other and see each other around the shopping centre that we work at.

A few mornings ago I was catching the bus and one of my "bus buddies" is from concierge and I spotted him speaking to an older gentleman on the bus I had not seen before.

This gentleman also alighted along with the rest of us at the stop outside the shopping centre.

I was making my way downstairs via the travelator and spotted the same gentleman emptying out the toys from Santa's sack which are the gifts Santa gives out when kids have their pboto taken with him. What was this gentleman doing? Was he restocking the toys from Santa's sack for him? I hope he wasn't sealing them.

The next day the same gentleman was on the bus again - having a chat to my "bus buddy" from concierge again overhearing them having a conversation of where this gentleman had worked - it sounded like he had worked all over the place - just like Santas does.

I suspect this rather skinny older gentleman was actually the shopping centre Santa except without his costume. If he was he has to wear a rather padded Santa fat suit! I could be wrong - suspicion to be confirmed.....


Suspicion confirmed by my other bus buddy who also works at concierge. Santa is the skinny older gentleman who also catches the bus and his name apparently is Graham or Garry something starting with a "G" - my bus buddy wasn't 100 % sure.

I only found outfrom my bus buddy because I mentioned to him that I had seen poor old Santa had a very late photo session with some kids and Centre Management and the shopping centre had already closed for the day so I spotted him outside the office on my way out with his real wife (not Mrs Claus) on his mobile phone trying to find someone to let him in. Did he have to sign out from the centre management's office? - my bus buddy suspects he needed to change out of his Santa outfit but if so he could have used the toilets just across from the office - I suspect he needs to retrieve his clothes/personal items which are kept in storage inside the centre management office and/or return his Santa outfit - What happens if Santa is stuck and needs to catch the bus home?!

Bus buddy said I should have taken a photo of him outside of the Centre management office and posted it on social media with a caption such as "Santa can't make it for Christmas this year because he has been locked out of the centre management office!" - I thought about it but didn't because it would be probably violating privacy laws.

Where are the keys?
After advising a work collegue that I was going down to one of the storerooms to bring up some baking stock and asking my work collegue if she needed me to bring anything up for her, I left to go down there.

Whilst I was away down in the storeroom, a moment of panic set in and all hell broke lose. Where were the keys to the stockroom? My work collegues started to ring other work collegues on their days off to find out if any of them had accidently taken them home. None of them had. They then resorted to getting a whole new set cut.

It was only when I returned from the storeroom with the keys around my neck that they realised where the keys were.

They knew I had gone to the storeroom but it did not occur to them that I had the keys which needed to get into the storeroom.

How was I suppose to get in? There is absolutely no other way in.

This is probably the only time where ilogically 1 + 1 did not = 2!








No comments:

Post a Comment