Sunday 4 December 2016

Monday 5th December 2016 - Thunderstorms hit Sydney

I was on the bus on my way to see a museum near Circular Quay when it started to rain quite heavily but the shower was short lived. Knowing a rather bad thunderstorm was looming later this afternoon I decided not to go to the museum but to stay somewhere indoors in the city therefore decided on Market City Shopping Centre - the first thunder strike hit as I was walking along George Street towards Market City - it was so close.

Now still at Market City and having some dinner a second thunder strike but this time even closer.  I am hoping nobody got struck from either as both were so loud and close. It then poured with rain on the second strike but the thunder storms are not over yet.

Change of plans to go to Ramons Beginner Jazz class tonight - too risky to walk and travel and wait for nearest bus or train. I have decided to stay inside Market City for a little longer. Hopefully the storm will calm down and pass through.

I hope the temperature does not drop dramatically. I am prepared with a rain jacket and a long sleeved top. I also have a pair of tracksuit pants and a singlet I just purchased in case it does become cold and wet.

Greatest problem - thunderstorm asthma. I do have a mask with me.

I think everyone is seeking refuge in Market City which fortunately does not close until 7 pm each night.

If only there was a hair salon I would get my hair cut as well.

May visit the supermarket.

(Photos of Christmas @ Market City attached)




 



All this crazy weather around the world. ?My friend in Montreal Canada sends me an email with a youtube link in the morning about the slip and slide of their first snowfalls in the city of Montreal - that evening the same youtube video is aired on Sydney news ie making world headlines. Same with our Melbourne and Sydney thunder storms and "Thunderstorm Asthma" making world headlines in Montreal previously.






No comments:

Post a Comment