Friday 8 December 2017

Saturday 9th December 2017 - Finders Keepers Market @ The Cutout Barangaroo

I arrived a little after 9.30 am by taking the 343 bus from North Willoughby to Martin Place then walking to Town Hall to catch the 311 bus to get me to The Cut Out at Barangaroo Reserve.  There is already a small crowd of people waiting for the markets to open at 10 am inside the entrance doors.

Because I only have 1 hour to have a look around the markets before going directly to work, I queue up in advance and am near the front of the queue. The entrance to the markets was suppose to open at 9.45 am according to the sign however they did not open until 10 am. Entry to the markets is not free but $2 however you can re enter on  the other days the markets are on once you have paid the $2 entry fee and received a card. Unfortunately I am working the entire 3 days the markets are on therefore will not have the opportunity to return.

I hardly had enough time to see the entire markets and certainly not enough time to purchase anything significant. I didn't even have time to stop and pick up a bite to eat at the plentiful variety of food trucks present at the markets serving all that yummy food - instead I had to grab and run with an awful cold prepacked chicken sandwich from a fridge from one of those convenience stores on my way to the platforms at Wynyard Station on my way to work. I double checked the expiry date on it but I'll probably get food poisoning from it anyway.

I took lots of general photos as the crowd started to build after I arrived.  The queue before 10 am was already winding its way down and around Barangaroo Reserve.

Photos attached.

The signage to the markets that were everywhere ..........







The multiple buses to get me there.........






The venue (The Cut Out) @ Barangaroo.......






The crowds of people that were there .........











The designer stalls that sold their wares.........




















The Queue behind me that were there ...........



And then there was the food .........














The live musicians playing the "avocado song" ..........




Due to the limited amount of time I spent there it was a little difficult to rate this market compared to the Big Design Market at EQ I visited recently. This market did have a  better venue with lots of debut stores and of course the regular familiar ones. Pretty good atmosphere and better variety of food stalls and trucks on offer with a few bars as well! Coffee a must with a variety on offer of course. Rating 9/10 - wish I could have spent more time there or return on another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment