Wednesday 13 December 2017

Thursday 14th December 2017 - Christmas Fare & Makers Market @ Hyde Park Barracks




Work! Work! Work! - this may be my final blog before Christmas as I am so busy at work and getting ready for my next adventure(s) stay tuned!

I would like to wish all my readers around the world  a "Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year". Stay safe over the holiday season.

I hope you will all continue to read my blogs and watch my You Tube Channel.

My blog,  dulcineasdiarycontinued is now about 2 years old and I am about to approach another major milestone of
10 000 readers (actually surpassed). So a big thank you to everyone especially the top 3 consistant countries reading my blogs USA, France and Australia, with special mention to Russia whose readership has increased over the past 2 years making it a close 4th in rankings. Oops the rankings just changed welcome  and thank you to all my Swedish readers now ranked number 4.

The number of countries with people now reading my blog is constantly increasing.

Analytics and statistics tell me a little about who where when people read my blogs however do not really tell me why so many people read certain blogs of mine while other blogs I write do not attract any readers. Do people like to read my blogs that are only in English and not French? Why has my blog about Cobblers Beach continuously attract so many readers??? Why do I have no followers and very few comments? Why are people reading annual events I attended in 2015 or 2016 rather then the same annual event I revisited in 2017? - good examples are the annual Good Food & Wine Shows in Sydney and Melbourne, the annual Smooth FM Chocolate Festival in Sydney, the annual visits to The Blue Mountains or the annual Sculpture By The Sea.......

Onto my last event - Christmas Fare @ Hyde Park Barracks  and possible final blog before Christmas. Sorry no blogs about Carols By Candle light or Tree lightings - I stopped going to these events when I was in Secondary School a long time ago!

I would like to write about yet another market which is on tonight from 4 pm - 9 pm at Hyde Park Barracks - half foodie market half makers market. It is another annual event I am attending for the first time which is also by gold coin donation entry. I have no expectations except that I know it will be a smaller affair organised by Sydney Living Museums once again.

It has been a sweltering day with temperatures reaching 42 degrees c + however it has just started to rain quite heavily with thunder storms forcasted and therefore not good for a completely outdoor event so I will make it a very quick visit of photos, a single purchase of 3 boxed mini chocolate puddings from Gumnut Chocolates and a quick exit. All over in under 1 hour including a rather loud thunder strike during my visit in the background geting the crowds of peoples' attention!

Rating : 8/10 A great little market full of small batch food stalls including a bar (Young Henry). Perfect for the enclosed coutyard full of stalls surrounding the main Barrack building. Great atmosphere and adequate seating. Lots of queues though and only open for trading for 5 short hours. Why do the pies always run out at every market event the Sydney Living Museum organises? Plenty of chorizos on a stick still available by 7.30 pm this time round though. Needs a few more food trucks as the single food truck had very long queues next to the cute Mr Goatie ice cream van which hardly had any queues. Quite a few very familiar stalls who rotate at several markets around Sydney and regional NSW and possibly even Victoria.

Photos still to be attached all on my other phone.










After the Christmas fare markets, I walked around the city to soak up some of the Christmas retail shopping atmosphere. It was crowed but not to the points where you were body to body - that will start next week as panic pre Christmas shopping starts - the shops are only closed for 1 or 2 days over Christmas for crying out loud!

Arches of red and green tinsel and lights line the now open to pedestrians section of the light rail tracks along George Street. Pitt Street Mall is full of green Christmas trees and lights blurring the underground pedestrian shopping district boundaries between the QVB and Westfield Sydney together.

Photos attached and still to be uploaded from my other phone.










No comments:

Post a Comment