Friday 25 May 2018

Friday 25th May 2018 - VIVID Opening Night @ Darling Harbour & Chatswood

It is a tradition of mine to go to the opening night of VIVID @ Darling Harbour as my very first venue to see the laser light show at 7 pm followed by the 8 pm show with fireworks. How disappointed I was this year with the show.

Photos attached with upload of YouTube video extract only. I got a little bored with the dancing "jellyfish" structures. Was there a budget cut this year?

I was unsure when the laser light shows started or ended. It was just a continuous array of dancing coloured shapes and lights. I think the 7.30 pm laser show was a little better but it was just a projection of seagulls to music so I left after 15 minutes into it.

I think I won't stay for the fireworks show tonight.

Cool!







Boring!




 In the Scale of the Sea





Beneath the Sea



Ride Into The Night - ride in wheel chairs through a maze like path think roller skating rink except in wheelchairs  - lots of fun although I didn't have a go - maybe I should have to give my dodgy heel a rest. Helmets provided. Something was amiss though with this interactive art installation.
My favourite Tumbalong Lights interactive art installations above which were actually working @ Tumbalong Park.


Onto the rest Of VIVID @ Darling Harbour at Tumbalong Park - Tumbalong Lights. Again very disappointing. Some of the interactive art installations were not working and there was a 15 - 20 minute queue to get in. I will try again on another night.

Photos above ( two of my favourite interactive art displays)  and a short video has been uploaded onto YouTube .

VIVID @ Darling Harbour Rating: 6/10

Enchanted Garden - not so enchanted to me. Not all the mushrooms lit up when pressed.


No not staying for the fireworks tonight.


Onto VIVID @ Chatswood which was a little bit more interesting except for the Octapus which was recycled from last year's VIVID @ Chatswood and relocated from outside Westfield to Chatswood Mall Markets.

VIVID @ Chatswood Rating 8/10 - all the prep work prior to opening night and attention to detail has paid off . Favourites the night markets in Chatswood Mall especially the live artist and projection of his work onto the side of The Concourse building ( limited viewing dates please check VIVID website).

Photos below and refer my short YouTube videos uploaded. Also see my Facebook page for more photos of both venues. Rating : 7/10 for Chatswood. I did enjoy the live artist's projection of the future in 2050 and the mall market lights and recycled art pieces and the jellyfish further along in Chatswood.






























No comments:

Post a Comment