Saturday 26 May 2018

Saturday 26th May 2018 - VIVID @ The Rocks & Circular Quay Night 2

It is almost 11 pm and I am tired. Just got back from another night and another venue of VIVID 2018 @ The Rocks

I almost saw everything but missed 3 art installations 2 near the beginning of the light walk #s 3 & 47 and 1 towards the end of it # 46. Will have to find tomorrow night when I plan to do the other side of Circular Quay - towards The Opera House & Botanic Gardens.

What did I think of VIVID @ The Rocks ? Rating 7/10 - negative points for crowd control - far to difficult to navigate your way around. If you miss some art installations you have to walk all the way back to see them so basically it is a one direction walk most of the time. I had trouble finding a way back to the station.

I had my favourites - photos refer Facebook.
& several videos uploaded onto YouTube.
but here are just a few below. Apologies I fell asleep uploading photos and videos and writing this blog. I will continue uploading photos now.



Projection on Customs House of May Gibbs Snugglepot & Cuddlepie from ground level - but best view above from Circular Quay Station platform if you are not concerned about the quality of sound  due to background noises. (story subtitles are projected)








This piece of hanging artwork in one of the lane ways was quite difficult to find and when I found it I thought it was a permanent part of the streetscape and not part of VIVID as it didn't have any flashing lights or colours nor did it move.







Peacock


100 Cranes




Projection on Opera House sails

Food stalls & night markets @ The Rocks

Lights across the sky over the harbour


Projection of Snugglepot & Cuddlepie on Customs House














10th Birthday projection 


The World above the forecourt of The Overseas Passenger Terminal


Projection on Cadman Cottage


Harbour lights


Projection on MCA building





























No comments:

Post a Comment