Saturday 12 October 2019

Sunday 13th October 2019 - Change Of Plans For Today

Today is a mix of sunshine & cloud so I decided not to go to Floriade this year. Another change of plans for today , my planned trip out to Elizabeth Farm @ Rose Hill is also canned because it will take me forever to get out there. There is no shuttle bus this year between Parramatta and Elizabeth Farm therefore it will take me almost 2 hours to get out there no matter which forms of public transport I take.

So whilst the sun is still shinning I am off by train to Milsons Point another first a visit to Kirrabilli Markets. Today it is not just a general market but an Art Design & Fashion Market.

I had no idea this market was so popular. When I boarded the train to Milsons Point Station the train was quite full but I was surprised how many people were alighting the train for these markets and when I reached the markets I was surprised how many people were already there and how large it actually was.

The market was split into about 3 sections.
Under the tunnel there was a mixture of dessert stalls, plant stalls, stationery stalls, jewellery stalls, homewares and fashion  stalls just to name a few which continued onto the reserve area along side of the (Harbour) bridge stairs. The area just outside of the tunnel is set up with a row of tables and chairs under tents  with a row of multicultural food stalls along each side of them.

The markets continue down the two lawn bowls areas with the first section full of new item market stalls . The second section of the lawn bowls area is the market organisers tent and quite a collection of second hand goods stalls. There was even 1 stall smack bang in between the 2 sections selling a combination of new and old clothing!

I only spent a few hours there and bought myself another succulent for $6 as a companion to my existing one I purchased in Bowral which has started to sprout - see what happens when you talk to your plants!
Now I have to either repot them together or find another small vessel for it.
















































Time to hop back on the train and head home to prepare for my next adventure on Monday night and Tuesday but not before finishing my grocery shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment