Tuesday 29 October 2019

Tuesday 29th October 2019 - Ramon's Last Jazz Workout class

I just had to go to Ramon's last Jazz Workout class. He won't be gone forever just 3 whole months as he is taking long service leave - he has been teaching jazz for as long as I can remember and I have been going to Sydney Dance Company Open Dance Classes for a very long time!. Again he joked about getting gender reassignment surgery saying " when I get back I'll look like this" cupping his hands on his chest to indicate the addition of breasts and flicking a blond wig he left the class briefly to find and put on before doing and saying what he said last week about liking the way he is. I think his students will miss him - Mardi Gras and all. Ramon took 2 photos of him with the class - one with the blonde wig on and the other without. I hope he posts it somewhere for everyone to see!

After Jazz class it was a quick bite to eat at a fast food place called The Hub House Diner on Broadway.  This is one of many student eatery joints. I have been past it on several occasions but have never tried it. The menu looked ok for a typical fast food joint ( someone once told me that student food is pretty good). I decided to try the basic young hen burger for $6. Why does a meal deal or combo always have to have an option of frys and a soft drink? The burger took about the same amount of time to make as any other fast food joint such as Maccas or KFC but was it as good to eat? In short no. When I received the takeaway burger it was as described a piece of Southern fried (brown meat) chicken with shredded lettuce and a honey mustard dressing. The packaging was more interesting then the burger itself. It was a pleated pull over piece of paper designed to wrap around the burger unlike the normal square or rectangular wrapping that other fast food burgers are wrapped in
before being placed in a plain white paper bag. So the chicken initially tasted like KFC chicken however the following bites became less chicken and more fried greasy batter - not nice to eat. Yes it was brown meat meaning drumstick or thigh fillet rather then breast meat. Now the shocker there was a hair in it! Either it was a hair or the " silk" from the root of the lettuce leaves which were very limp and looked as if they had not been washed. It was the look of loose lettuce leaves placed against hot chicken pieces and drizzled with honey mustard which I could not even taste. Not recommended. Rating 3/10.









I had to go shopping before my quick bite to eat at Broadway Shopping Centre for fruit and non perishables and seeing how much a small bar fridge is as a back up fridge. Yep I am having a huge problem with the bar fridge supplied.

In fact I am having all sorts of issues in my rental apartment ever since moving in - none vital except for my fridge which seems to only be cold on the lefthand side and is freezing up so severely on that side that I could not get the freezer compartment door open last night to get the ice cubes out. The ice cubes melted when I tried to defrost the freezer without sucess. I managed to get the freezer door open but now because of the build up on the left hand side of ice the whole fridge door won't shut. How long the door has not been closed properly I have no idea. I can't keep turning the temperature down  then back up again too long as the temperature in the fridge will rise above the safe level which is now what it is doing as the door won't close. The righthand side of the fridge is much warmer as well as there is less ice on that side of the freezer compartment. The top of the fridge keeps heating up and the fridge randomly makes funny popping sounds  and I just noticed the bottom part of the door seal is not suctioning closed only noticing this last night by looking down the lefthand side of the refrigerator. I have placed a refrigerator thermometer in the fridge from when I first moved in and kept a close eye on it all this time. It has been really unstable so I have been constantly adjusting the temperature control which I should not have to do. I did talk to the refridgerator repair person at the beginning but told him that I would monitor it. I have notified the real estate agent twice now but no response. I only have tomorrow morning off. Should have purchased that fridge today as a back up today - I have left the fridge to defrost - this unfortunately means eat or when in doubt chuck out!








No comments:

Post a Comment