Monday 7 October 2019

Tuesday 8th October 2019 - Jazz Express with Ramon @ SDC

Monday was a public holiday and I had another rare do nothing day. Sunday I worked and it was the slowest and most boring day ( to make things worse it was also the start of daylight savings on Sunday - yes wind your clocks an hour forward). I swapped with one of my work collegues who wanted to go away for the long weekend so I did not end up going to NightFest @ Floriade after work on Sunday.

There was a lot of noise coming from the apartment next to me on public holiday Monday - another tenant moved out making # 5, 7 & 8 neighboring studio apartments all vacant to rent out now. I have no neighbours on the tlp floor on my side of the building now.  I think these were all the construction workers who kept having to wake up any time between 4 am and 7 am every morning including weekends to travel to work. No more doors slamming or alarms going off in the middle the night. It is so quiet now on the side of the building I am on - at least on the top floor.

I spent Monday cleaning vaccuming cooking and emptying my recycling and rubbish bin as well as watching tv all day and blogging and reading the news on my phone.

Tuesday I decided I had to go and get some sunlight and do some exercise eventhough I am not feeling the best. So it was Ramons Jazz Workout class from 12.30 - 1.30 pm @ SDC again today. I made it just in time which is not normally me but I just didn't want to leave home.

After my Jazz Workout class I walked to Broadway Shopping Centre around the corner and had some lunch from Eat Istanbul. I ordered a lamb shish with tabouli and hummus with greens onion and tomato on a wrap. I have had countless ones before however this one was extra tasty - either it was special or I was just really hungry - I know why it was so tasty because it was a freshly grilled lamb shish and not that fake pressed lamb or chicken they carve slices off and reheat before placing it in a wrap - you know that heavily spiced stuff which is unrecognisable meat on a huge rotating metal skewer - that stuff that was the cause of food poisoning at one stage because it wasn't cooking through properly.  I decided no Gozleme for me today.  I swear I could have a second one! At $13.95 it was quite reasonable for what I received. Still haven't had a chance to try a greasy kabab from one of the hole in the wall kabab shops around Sydney Central YHA.

Rating 8/10 not a bad shish!









No comments:

Post a Comment