Monday 21 October 2019

Tuesday 22nd October 2019 - Ramon's 2nd Last Jazz Express Class @ SDC

I've staying at home far too much since my last blog therefore I decided I had to get out and about. Most of my weekend and days off work were spent having a sleep in watching tv vacuuming cleaning laundry washing & drying shopping for groceries paying the bills booking stuff etc etc.  The boring stuff that has to be done each week.

I didn't have quite enough time this week to get to The Telstra Museum out at Bankstown which is only open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays due to going to my regular Jazz Express class on Tuesdays between 12.30 and 1 pm.

The class was a lot of fun today except when it came to partnering up towards the end of the class as I don't know anyone else in the class and I am always the odd one left over. I really hate partner work always have always will.

So Ramon announces that next week will be his last class before he is off for 3 months jokingly saying " to have gender reassignment surgery" - you should have seen the brief but mixed expressions on everyone's faces of horror? shock? surprise? before he adds "Only joking I like the way I am!" waving his hand down his very fit and healthy body. Yes the class likes him the way he is too!

Further he adds "I will be away for November December & January goodness knows what I am going to do in 3 months I  won't be dancing so I'll become a Santa Claus!"  Noooo!

After class it was a walk and a train straight to  Bondi  Junction to check my PO Box and then off to my off site storage facility to grab some stuff.

So it is only 2 months to Christmas. This year has gone so quickly - it will be my first Christmas in my new home, only my 2nd or 3rd Christmas in Sydney - I have no idea how my body is going to cope with the heat of Summer! It is also the very first time I am able to have a Christmas tree in 25 years or so.

I am so excited as it is also my first year without any family or friends around. I will be spending Christmas and NY alone this time round.

So I have found and taken home my Christmas tree that has been in storage for decades. I have gathered as many Christmas ornaments I could find from my storage which I have been collecting over the years ( unforunately I broke one today as it slipped onto the concrete floor in it's  unsecured paper wrapping ( an old white and gold ceramic flat bauble from Kikki K). At least the matching  dove and heart did not slip out from their wrapping paper.

I have such a great collection of paper cardboard felt metal ceramic plastic and glass ornaments. Some are deep inside my storage which I hope to be able to access and retrieve later. My collection of Hallmark Santas stay in my storage as they are too heavy for my tree. Now I need some lights and a tree skirt of some sort and a bucket tub basket or pot to pop the tree in to hide it's base. I was thinking the Annabel Trends santa sack with a beautiful bow from work to place it in or the woven basket from Kmart.

Hopefully when my tree is completely decorated I can post a photo of it.

Not quite finished yet but here it is. I still have some more ornaments to put on it and find a tree skirt of some sort as it is an older style tree which sheds a lot as you can see so I need to find something to contain the tree.

Hearts stars toy soldiers mushrooms leaves Santas keys doves boots snowflakes a mouse chef gingerbread men and even the queen (well a princess anyway) are all present on tmy Christmas tree.









No comments:

Post a Comment