Saturday 20 May 2017

Sunday 21st May 2017 - Sydney Writer's Festival Zine Fair @ the MCA

If you don't know what a Zine Fair is - Google it.

Zine Fair? More like an insane fair. As part of The Sydney Writers Festival , this year's Zine Fair was held in the Foundation Hall of the MCA between 10 am and 4.30pm.

I wanted to avoid the Sydney Half Marathon this morning so only headed out to Circular Quay after noon by bus.

On my way there I crossed paths with a rodant - a big brown rat scurrying across the grass into the folage at Lang Park near Wynyard. He certainly didn't want his selfie taken! Sitting on the grass in this inner city park for lunch not recommended. Homeless people who sleep in this inner city park beware of these nasty surprises!

By the time I arrived at the MCA the Foundation Hall interior and exterior was crowded with people attending The Zine Fair.

It is so difficult to find an ATM around Circular Quay and there were 2 foodie related zines I wanted to purchase (most stalls at the Zine Fair only took cash)

After finding the closest Westpac ATM and withdrawing some cash I walked back to the Zine Fair to make my purchase. 2 very interesting fold up zines - one with a series of Indonesian recipes complete with photographs of the plated up dishes and the other detailing information of shelf lives of food products - staples we keep in the pantry entitled "The Atomic Gastronomic " .Great reading.

After making my Zine purchases, I took a series of photographs of the event .

Photos attached.










"Save Millers Point" - FAYEROZE LYTTA @the_urbaniste











Around 3.00 pm about to head back to the Chatswood to do some essential grocery shopping. It's been a long weekend for me.

Can't wait to continue with my day and night adventures weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment