Saturday 6 May 2017

Sunday 7th May 2017 - Head On Photographic Festival @ Lower Town Hall and Paddington Reservoir & The Global Table @ Bondi Junction

Today I decided to head to the city then onto Paddington before stopping off at Bondi Junction to check my mail box and do some shopping.

First stop Lower Town Hall - Head On Photographic Festival HQ - The Hub. This is my first visit to this event and it was well worth seeing. After picking up a program and asking a few questions about the festival at the entrance,  I headed on into the hall to view the various photograhers' works. I spent about an hour taking a good look at each photograph and reading the stories behind them. I thanked the staff and volunteers of the Head On Photographic Festival before heading off to my next venue. I continued into Paddington by bus to The Paddington Reservoir near Paddington Town Hall (refer to my previous blog on the H2O Bar at the same venue last year).

Although only about 20 minutes away, buses were diverted due to the May Day March I think. I also stopped off to purchase a snack and recharge my Opal Card at Woolworths and purchased a hoodie as it was getting a little windy.

Finally reaching Paddington Reservoir on the M40 bus from Town Hall, I decend one of several sets of stairs down below street level on Oxford Street to view more Head On photographs.

Words can't describe what I saw therefore I attach my photos of the photos. Where the photos were positioned within the venue also created an impact.


Rating 8/10 recommended time at each venue about an hour. There are quite a few venues including galleries mostly around Paddington/Darlinghurst  and city and surrounds. These are just 2 of several venues I visited today.




















































Onto Bondi Junction to do my grocery shopping at Aldi and Coles. On my way towards the bus and train station I spotted something happening in the mall area of Bondi Junction. What type of event would include an inflatable jumping castle for kids at the end of the mall? Curious I took a detour to take a look as soon as I reached the bus and train station . It was the annual The Global Table event. I didn't actually purchase anything to eat , I just stayed to watch sone of the multicultural performances centre stage and took some photos of the event. Several suburbs host annual multicultural food events similar to this one - some much larger then others.

Chatswood being as multicultural as it is doesn't host an annual event similar to this instead most Thursdays and Fridays throughout the year their mall area towards the bus and train station is full of food and trinket stalls resembling a mini market.

Photos attached Rating 7/10
























No comments:

Post a Comment