Thursday 13 July 2017

Friday 14th July 2017 - Happy Bastille Day!

To all my French audience out there (including the Canadian and other Europeans) reading my blogs,  I wish you all a great Bastille Day! Have fun and stay safe.

Hope to update you all with Bastille Day celebrations in Sydney (note Bastille Day celebrations  begin on 13th July and end on 16th July - yes Bastille Day is not just a day but a 4 day festival celebrating everything French and some things not so French!)

I decide to go to the Bastille Festival at Circular Quay straight after work but it is raining quite a bit by the time I arrive around 7 pm.

I think I may have to return tomorrow or Sunday for closing night.

Going back out with an umbrella to attempt to take some photographs. It is still a sea of people despite the wet conditions outside and I am seeking temporary refuge inside Customs House along with others.

To be continued. Must try and  find that special pizza I had last year at the Bastille Festival.

No woodfire oven baked duck pizza this year so had to settle for a cream bacon onion and cheese woodfire pizza. Looks yum but not good for my lactose intolerance. Yum! Bon Appetito!









Mulled wine smells so nice but I've never tried it- maybe tomorrow night if I return to the Bastille Festival.



The Bastille Festival this year was divided into 4 sections - poor French Canadians have been dropped from the festival this year.

Le Cinema (The Rocks)
Latin Village (The Rocks First Fleet Park)








Lifestyle Strip (Circular Quay)????

French Village & Main Stage (Customs House Square)




Unsure what these paddlocks had to do with Bastille celebrations but a bit of fun or was it some sort of publicity stunt?



Four Frogs Creperie is an actual cafe/restaurant at Circular Quay and not part of the Bastille Festival. It was quite busy during the Bastille Festival. I am unable to rate it as I have never eaten there but looks like a really cute place for a snack with a friend or two! At least it is under cover!






Emporium Village (Scout Place)
Electro Beer Garden (Scout Place)








Nordic Village (East Circular Quay)
Countries represented Switzerland Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium but where is Luxembourg?














Apart from wood fire pizzas I am not so keen on Belgium waffles or German sausages but love Dutch syrup waffles (Stroop Bros)!

Since when was Latin Village considered part of the Bastille Festival???? Some countries aren't event part of the EU!!!!

Heading home with my pizza. Midnight snack or perhaps breakfast tomorrow!?

Rating 7/10 - although bigger this year,the festival on it's second night lacked the excitment it had last year. It could have been the rain, it could have been the layout of the festivals "villages" this year and it could have been the variety of stalls. I found that there were too many crepe and sausage stalls. Pastries and chocolate stalls were lacking. Lots of wine and champagne in various forms though.






No comments:

Post a Comment