Tuesday 25 July 2017

Tuesday 25th July 2017 - Balmoral Beach in Winter



White tipped sea anemones were everywhere



Sand writing long the beach everyone was doing it so I decided to.







Spot the crabs hiding amongst the rocks near the rock pools coming out to sunbake



Yet another beautiful day - I spent the afternoon at Balmoral Beach but didn't go for a swim.  The water was fresh as I dipped my feet into the sea water but not too cold that you couldn't still go for a swim in the middle of Winter.

There were people who were swimming but more people were sun baking trying to get their dose of vitamin D for the Winter months whilst the sun was out.

I spent my time looking at the rockpools as there is an abundance of marine life around Balmoral Beach year round.

The vibrant green sea grasses present around the same time last year which I previously blogged about were missing however there was quite a lot of seaweed varieties present. No sea hares or star fish were present and the white tipped sea anenomies had lost their bright white pigment and were covered in tiny shell fragments.

One creature I managed to catch coming out from under the rocks near the rock pools to sunbake were little crabs not much larger then a 50 cent coin. These little crabs love to hide and only come out when there is no one around. They had one distinctive white claw.

Photos attached at top of blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment