Monday 17 July 2017

Monday 17th July 2017 - Another Annual Tax Return Bites The Dust

I didn't get the opportunity to return on Sunday for the Bastille Festival.

I spent my time trying to load annual MS Office subscription onto my total waste of money Surface Pro.

I can hardly back up or view my photos or documents on it and just managed to complete my tax return on excel. My stylus never worked properly and I can't cut copy or paste anything except using control functions or pull down menu or icons. Connecting to wifi and using internet explorer is almost impossible. These are just some of the ongoing problems I have been having since I purchased my Surface Pro and as previously blogged I've been to the Microsoft store so many times - each time the problem seems to be fixed and functioning when I'm there but as soon as I leave technical glitches return.

I am so glad that my annual tax return for the 2016 2017 financial year has now been lodged through my tax agent.

Yet again he (my tax agent) was late for my prebooked appointment and was even pushing me to provide him with the information which I had to upload onto my phone and retrieve. I reminded him that he was the one that was late for my appointment (yet again)!

He knows that my tax return is a quick one as I have already done all the prep work - he just has to check the information, enter it and lodge it.

There was the same not so funny banter about the dodgy high flying business people he hangs with and my threats to go to his competitors such as H & R Block or his rival across the mall Hexagon because he is charging me too much each year to lodge my tax return.

What do you say to your tax agent when he mentions he "hangs out" with the greedy Westfield man's - yes Mr Lowey's relatives and friends by attempting an impersonation of a meet up with them by say "Tezzah can ya lend me a fivah?"????

Translation "Terry could I borrow five dollars?"

Get my drift ? He made them sound as if they weren't living an upper class sophisticated life somewhere in the Eastern suburbs but an underpriviledged uneducated bogan life in the Western suburbs!  Picture a weathered man cigarette half in his mouth half hanging out , driving an old Holden of some sort! Ugg boots, bum crack and trakkie daks included.

What about the story of his competitor across the mall who owned Hexagon (who my tax agent has know for years) dying of a heart attack whilst having an argument with his girlfriend and telling me about how he attended his funeral?????

And then the was the 2 or 3 reminders sent to me regarding my appointment and how the office has moved. He had been at the same address for 25 years then suddenly moved. I said "So you were evicted?" Response was he was lucky to get this office space for less rent as his previous rent was increased and that properly now remains empty. Shows times are tough even for accountants even with an Eastern suburbs lifestyle!

Yep that is the type of banter - no wonder he is always late for my prebooked appointments. He probably has the same type of banter with all his other clients - but I have a feeling worse.







No comments:

Post a Comment