Friday 14 July 2017

Saturday 15th July 2017 - Shopping in the City Part 1

I don't get to do this often but when I am shopping in downtown Sydney and have time for some fastfood, I indulge in my favourite snack - a seeded vegetarian bun from the German Bakery chain Luneburger located underground near Town Hall Station for $5 and pair it with a piece of crumbed fish with a lemon wedge for $3 from the seafood place (The Little Fish Shoppe) next door. The combination of the freshly made seeded bun with tasty cheese slices, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and pesto with the piece of crumbed fish and lemon juice is just so satisfying. Beats a craving for McDonalds, Burger King and KFC anytime! (not that I have cravings for these fastfoods a lot)



I've spent all morning looking for new technology without success at the Samsung store, Microsoft store, Officeworks and JB HiFi. I have narrowed a new mini tablet/laptop combo down to 2 possibilities however without seeing one perform I cannot compare them against each other. I just want technology that works after the last 2 technological things I purchased both failed.

On my shopping adventures I also visited Topshop Topman the flagship store in Sydney - another store closing down perhaps - the Chatswood one has been closed for a while now.  Nothing interesting left just a load of black skinny jeans a few plus sized dresses and tops nobody in their right mind would buy and wear - half of them faulty, or insipid in colours.

Managed to purchase a checkered shirt dress with sash and a subscription of Microsoft Office (yes I let mine lapse!) and a backup drive (I am hoping I can back up sucessfully).

Onto the markets (Paddys) now to get a few groceries I hope  - purchased a weird vegetable or is it a fruit? called a Yam Bin - looks like a giant water chestnut but reminds me of a root vegetable of some type - apparently it is not starchy like a root vegetable but crisp and crunchy and grown in Australia. I actually tried this a few days later - kept it in the refridgerator, washed it, peeled it, cut it up into thin strips and ate it raw - it was as I described it crispy crunchy and fresh  - a cross between a nashi pear except not as watery or sweet and maybe a cucumber and water chestnut but without a strong taste - I could see this in a pear and fennel salad with nuts or something similar. I did enjoy it .Maybe skip the Bastille Festival again until tomorrow afternoon.

Don't ask me why I've included the next 2 photos. This "busker" (a man dressed in a suit with a suitcase tie and umbrella) I saw originally down the other end of George Street near the Sydney Westfield Shopping Centre . On my shopping adventures later, he reappeared near World Square Shopping Centre still on George Street.





No comments:

Post a Comment