Friday 28 July 2017

Saturday 29th July 2017 - Orange Grove Public School Saturday Organic Markets

I finally made it to the Saturday Orange Grove Public School Organic Markets out at Perry Street Lilyfield.  On every Saturday throughout the year between 8 am and 1 pm, it is a larger market then the Saturday Carriageworks Markets however I prefer the Carraiageworks Markets.

These markets are a little more difficult to get to unless you are an inner Western suburbs local. For me it was a train from Chatswood Station to Central Station. Then walk across to the bus stop located on George Street Stand M where I caught a half hourly frequency 440 bus to Perry & Glover Streets Lilyfield located just across the road from Orange Grove Public School.

The markets are outdoors with a large area in the school's playground to sit ot play around in. It is always very warm and glaring at the markets in throughout the winter therefore suncreen and sunglasses and a hat are recommended.

I arrived at the markets around 11 am armed with a shopping list which I didnt complete as the quality of fruit and veg are not as good as the Carriageworks Markets.

Plastic bags although minimised are still supplied by several stall holders whereas they are almost non existant at Carriageworks Markets. Most people bring their own trolleys and or reusable shopping bags and even coffee cups.

Photos attached






























Onto the Sydney Fishmarkets by 440 bus back to Central Station then lightrail to the fish markets to purchase some salmon and octapus.

Funny thing -  I was sitting on a bench near the pay parking machines at the fish markets having some of my salted caramel bundt cake and a lady sits next to me looking for her parking ticket and says "I know you from sonewhere - Do you live in St Ives?" , I replied "No I dont think so but I work there." She then asks me where I worked as she shops there a lot and I said that I worked at Plenty. I also said to her that I am not Brenda (my work collegue we get confused when working together) in case she was thinking I was. That is the second thing I hate about working at Plenty - first is whenever Brenda and I work together not only do people get me confused with Brenda but every week at least  one customer asks us if the shop has changed hands! I detect a little racism going on - our other Caucasian work collegues are usually at lunch or busy in the storerooms whenever this happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment