Saturday 8 July 2017

Sunday 9th June 2017 - The Penguin Side of Manly By Ferry

I missed the 2 pm Sydney (slow) ferry to Manly from Circular Quay because I was spending too much time researching the quickest way to get to Manly. I arrived at Circular Quay in time for the Manly fast ferry at 2.10 pm but found out it was not an Opal card service therefore took a look at the indicator board and went to Wharf 3 and found a very large queue for the 2.30 pm Sydney ferry to Manly. (The Manly Fast Ferry is only 10 minutes faster - hardly a "fast" ferry!)
Why so many people waiting to get on the Manly ferries today? It's school holidays and a perfect weekend Sunday.

I only arrive at Manly Wharf at 3 pm which means I can either spend a few hours there shopping or go and see the penguins at Manly Sealife Aquarium. If you are lucky you may see some penguins coming out to the sea at night.

I think it will be a bit of a push to see the Aquarium this afternoon so think I will walk around and go shopping. No time to see if any penguins come out tonight either. Breeding season usually starts in July.

Will decide when I get there. $2.50 capped Sunday fare therefore making the most of my Opal card today. (Ferry is equiped with a cafe selling refreshments and restrooms)

First stop Aldi snd it was worth going to. I found a pair of merino leggings and mstching top in a size small so I can return the size medium set I could only get at Aldi Chatswood.

Next I took a walk to the aquarium and around the walking trail there. Back to Manly Wharf to wait for the next ferry back to Circular Quay. Did not get on the next one but was near the front of the very long queue for the next ferry back.

Whilst waiting in line there was a little lost child with a bright pink parka on. Where were her parents? How did she end up in the passenger queue?Was she swept into the crowd?  Passengers tried to console the little lost child and crew members alerted. After 3 public announcements which delayed the departure of the ferry due to depart in attempt to locate her parents, her frantic parents ran to the ferry gate in an attempt to reunite with her. Luckily they were not on board the ferry.

On my way back may stop at Paddys Markets and Market City. Unfortunately no time markets already closed. Heading straight home. It is 6 pm and I am at Circular Quay. Hope there is no train trackwork tonight.

Photos attached.




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment