Monday 7 August 2017

Monday 7th August 2017 - Sculpture @ Barangaroo and Ramons Beginner Jazz Class @ Sydney Dance Company

It's my day off therefore I decided to head down to Barangaroo Reserve in the afternoon to take a look at Sculpture @ Barangaroo( yes the same mob that do Sculpture by the Sea annually)  before heading off down the road to the Sydney Dance Company to go to my first dance class as a start to my training for the 10 km Bridge Run in September - and it is a beginner Jazz class as I feel I'm not quite ready to do a ballet class yet.

There are 14 sculptures around Barangaroo Reserve - there is a bus that goes there but I stupidly thought it would be quicker for me to get off the bus at Wynyard train station and walk to Barangaroo Reserve via a tunnel from there. When I got to Barangaroo South it was a longer walk then I expected as pedestrian and Barangaroo Reserve access was blocked off due to the massive amount of construction work in progress around that area along the main road.

It was a beautiful day yet again. I started my walk from Nawi Cove along the lower part of Barangaroo Reserve starting at sculpture number 1 and making my way up around to the top of the reserve where sculpture number 14 was. The stairs to the top of the reserve from Nawi Cove are very steep therefore unless you love stairs take the long way up along the winding pathway.





Artworks

# 1 Michael Le Grand
HEADREST




# 2 Christopher Langton
UNTITLED (SHOE)




# 3 Elyssa Sykes-Smith
MENTAL CONVOLUTION







# 4 Andrew Rogers
FOLDED 3



# 5 Teressa Trevor
11 SHIPS


# 6 Richard Tipping
KANGOOROO






# 7 Nicole Monks
TERRA OMNIA





# 8 Adam King
FACES OF DARUG




# 9 - # 13
Michael Le Grand
BOLLARD II
BUTTRESS
GOSHU
ANACONDA
PLUNGE






# 14 Cave Urban
BOWER





No comments:

Post a Comment