Tuesday 22 August 2017

Tuesday 22nd August 2017 - Jazz Express Class @ SDC & Preview of What's On @ the MCA







Jam packed day today.

I was too lazy to do the 11 am - 12.30 pm Beginner Contemporary dance class at SDC today but did do the Jazz Express class from 12.30 pm - 1.30 pm today.

After watching the last 15 minutes or so of the Beginner Contemporary class I made a note in my diary to do it in 2 weeks time to see if I liked it. It did not look like a beginner class but then again I have never done a Contemporary class only Lyrical and it was always towards an elementary level class which was a lot more "brutal". Lots of floorwork tends to be involved in both Lyrical and Contemporary dance classes. Note to self - Don't forget to pack the knee pads for class again!

Express Jazz is called this for a reason. An intensive hour long class with lots of stretching and warming up before a dance routine put together really quickly rather then sections of a dance routine practised to different pieces of music eliminating the overthinking of a dance routine spread over 1.5 hours.

Easy class but very a cardio workout due to shorter period of class time.

Quick shower and off to the MCA.

TBC.

I am so behind in my blogging.

My whole intention of visiting the MCA was solely to see the Jenny Watson exhibition.

After cloaking my backpack, I asked what was on today and was lucky to get a sneak peep of 2 new exhibitions not opening to the public until tomorrow. Ah the perks of being a MCA member!

Between 11 am and 3 pm today the new Primavera Young Australian Artists and the Hilarie Mais exhibitions were open to a members only preview before opening to the general public. I managed to arrive just in time to view both exhibitions before I went to the 3rd floor to see the Jenny Watson exhibition.

Photos attached of sneak peep Hilarie Mais and Primavera Young Ausrralian Artists
































Too many photos of Jenny Watson exhibition may upload a youtube video later. At the top of this blog is a few of my favourites.







No comments:

Post a Comment