Saturday 5 August 2017

Sunday 6th August 2017 - Shopping in the City Part 2

It is another beauriful day not to be wasted indoors again therefore I decided to take the M40 to the city again and do some shopping.

This time I stopped off at Unilqo and purchased a black medium fitness hoodie ( last one in a medium in black but who cares if it is a little too big)

Onto Westfield for something to eat - I decided to finally taste something from Tim Ho Wan - Michelin Star Restaurant (so it states on its business cards!)

What is so Michelin Star about it I am unsure? It is rather pricey at almost $8 for 3 steamed prawn dumplings and some fried Chinese Fritters or Chinese Croutons as I call them for $3.90 served in takeaway containers and  a tiny sit down set of tables and chairs. No plastic bag was offered and I ended up with a cardboard noodle box with no handles that contained my fritters, a Styrofoam container containing my 3 prawn dumplings and 2 little plastic flip lid containers one with chili sauce and the other with soya sauce to carry out with me so I ate my dumplings at the set of tables and chairs and will take my fritters with me with my left over container of chili sauce.

You are now probably wonderimg how the dumplings and fritters tasted.  Well the fritters were very oily but crunchy - maybe fried 3 times as Heston does with his chips to give them that ultra crunchiness.  The prawn dumplings I ate with the soya sauce - pretty standard compared to the larger dumpling chain on the same level which has been in Australia for quite some time now - pricey but they offer a wider range of dumplings such as the soup filled Shanghai dumplings - although I haven't eaten there for a while now (refer my old blog on simple site a few years ago)

Photos attached.






Rating 6/10 - a little over rated , the other Tim Ho  Wan "restaurants or cafes" maybe better eg Chatswood. # 45 was my ticket number wait time around 15 minutes. Non peak hours when I made a purchase. Absolutely no table service - "Please clean up after yourself" the signs state on top of each table.

No comments:

Post a Comment