Friday 18 August 2017

Saturday 19th August 2017 - What's Planned For The Months Ahead & A Rare Do Nothing Weekend

Thanks again to everyone around the world for continuing to read my blogs.

I have 4 days off and there is nothing on this weekend. My plans to travel to Melbourne this weekend have been scraped as there is trackwork between Sydney and Melbourne meaning train services are replaced by a coach service. Long haul coach services are uncomfortable therefore I will be remaining local this weekend.

After the Chocolate Festival and Blackheath Markets last weekend it is time for a rest as I have a massive weekend coming up and an even more massive September!

So should I reveal what I have planned for next weekend and beyond? Here is a sneak peek...... note I may change my mind on attending some events and not attend if there is trackwork for example making it difficult for me to get to the events.

Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August 2017 - Sweet Expo weekend @ Olympic Park. I am sure there is someone out there reading my blog that will be going or will be interested in going to this event. I am a little cautious with going to this event as it is being organised by a different company this year to previous years therefore my expectations of the weekend long event are not as high. I have pre purchased a full price ticket online to attend on Sunday although discounted tickets are still available through Groupon for $19 general admission instead of $24 full price online via the Sweet Expo website. I have my reasons for paying full price. Sweet Expo Sydney done!

Sunday 27th August 2017 - Mad About Modernism. This is a free event organised through Sydney Living Museums. But wait - you just read that I will be going to the Sweet Expo on Sunday -  clash of events - how can I be at 2 places at once? Well my plan is to go to the Sweet Expo in the morning as soon as it opens at 9 am and then travel to Turramurra by public transport to attend Mad About Modernism in the afternoon. The Sweet expo opens earlier but both events close at 4.30 pm. Why did I not spread it out and go to one event on each day ie the Sweet Expo on Saturday and Mad About Modernism on Sunday? Well I am trying to fit in a day trip to the snow as well straight after work on Friday so I need either a Saturday or Sunday for that in the event I decide to go and Saturday was the most logical day as both events were on Sunday so I would not miss out. Unfortunately did not attend as there was trackwork over entire weekend. Ski day trip to Perisher and 4 hour backcountry snowshoeing tour done although a week late!

OK onto what is planned for the month of September.

Bowral day trip to the markets and to see the tulips before the tulip festival officially opens a few days later at Corbett Gardens (oops spelling) Done with my bus buddy tagging along!

Then onto Fine Foods Australia a trade only event at the ICC Darling Harbour the following Monday and all week event which unfortunately I only have 1 day off during the weekdays to attend. Could do with 2 but I do have to work Tuesday therefore I will have to get there as soon as it opens and bolt through the exhibitors in order to see everything - it will be a long day and need lots of planning before arrival at the event. Done!

Next in the same week s attending the race expo on Thursday night straight after work to pick up my race kit for the 10km Bridgerun that weekend on the Sunday. Done!

After finishing the race a very quick shower to get to Parramatta to attend the rest of the Spring Festival at Elizabeth Farm (Another bolt to finish the Bridge Run as fast as I can!). I hope I will not be too sore to attend! Done and Done!

I forgot the night before the race there is usually an art festival around Central Park which I attend which is similar to VIVID but more local and compact but with heaps of interesting activities displays music and food trucks. Unsure if it is on this year as I have not seen it advertised yet. Unfortunately no longer on after 5 years.

I've probably forgotten some things but it is a start.

Still haven't planned my next trip overseas yet. November is another big month with my birthday Melbourne Cup Day City 2 Sea The Strawberry and Cherry Festival and Melbournes version of the Sweet Expo just to name a few events. Then there is also the Good Food Month October for Sydney and November for Melbourne and then there is Christmas and New Year and Australia Day etc.....

Time flys. Another year nearly over.

TBC......






No comments:

Post a Comment