Friday 20 October 2017

Saturday 21st October 2017 - What's Planned For The Next Few Months

October for me each year tends to be one of my least busiest months.

However November, December and January tend to be my busiest months.

Some of the events that are on but I will probably not attend this year but will consider doing next year are :

7 Bridges Walk usually at the end of October - registration this year was $35 early bird and $45 regular for an adult.

Melbourne Cup "The Race That Stops The Nation" - Tuesday 7th November 2017 not if you live in Sydney and I am working that day this year. Had a bit of a flutter on the Melbourne Cup race at my local Tab - spent $18 on several win place tickets including 1 mystery bet. Won back a whole $5.60 paid in cash - only 1 out of all the horses I bet on won and only a 3rd place winner - Max Dynamite.

Big Design Markets in Melbourne usually on before or after the Big Design Markets in Sydney in November because it looks as if it clashes with other events on in Sydney I plan to attend.

Sweet Expo in Melbourne  in November at the Melbourne Showgrounds (after attending the Sweet Expo in Sydney - run for the first time by Sweet Magazine - I didn't think it was worth attending again) - I actually ended up going to this at the last minute on Sunday 19th November 2017!

Sydney Living Museum's Sydney Open weekend - I attended this last year and was very disappointed with this year's line up of buildings included this year - same old buildings open to the public for viewing less quite a few from last year. New ones added I have already been to these at other events.

The Whale Festival at Vaucluse House - on mid November but can't go because it clashes with my first weekend trip down to Melbourne!

In November & December the events and places of interest I plan to attend or visit are :

City 2 Sea in Melbourne 5 km only 12th November done!

The Pool exhibition Ground Floor @  NGV Federation Square Melbourne November done!

Good Food month Melbourne during November - remembering the food poisoning incident I had at the Night Noodle Markets in Sydney and not having an opportunity to return to them whilst they were on during the month of October, I plan to revisit the Melbourne version of the Night Noodle Markets during their Good Food month in November. Yes I am going to give it another shot but maybe stick to  desserts this time round! Done but didn't eat anything as too difficult to transport and would not survive the heat.

The annual Myer Christmas window displays on Bourke Street in Melbourne
(dates still to be confirmed - with the financial troubles Myer is in there may not be an annual Christmas window display this year!!!!) Alternatively the David Jones annual Christmas window display on Markey Street in Sydney - I wonder if they will have one since being takenover by a South African company - no such thing as a Jewish Christmas if the company is indeed Jewish as well? Done!

Sculpture By the Sea Bondi to Tamarama Beach end of October done Monday 30th October 2017 - still crowded and very hot ! Done!

Pipilotti Rist Sip My Ocean @ MCA November done!

Taronga Zoo on my birthday done!

SDC open dance class on my birthday done!

Big Design Market Sydney @ EQ end of November done! as well as Hard To Find Market on at same time same place - bonus!

Northside Markets behind the scenes market tour beginning of December done!

There maybe some last minute events I may be attending too in between my busy Christmas work schedule before I depart overseas again straight after Christmas.......

Stay tuned to amendments and additions ......... and January should be an interesting month ...........

February maybe too. 2018 looks to be a big year sill in the planning process though.......

Looks like December is looking no where near as busy as last year well at least so far stay tuned .......












No comments:

Post a Comment