Thursday 12 October 2017

Thursday 12th October 2017 - Call Out to Anyone Using A Samsung Note 8

Hi everyone out there reading my blogs. I would like some feedback from anyone around the World who owns and uses a Samsung Note 8 and anyone who owned and used a Samsung Note 7 (either recycled or returned).

I had to make an emergency visit after work today to my nearest Samsung store because my Note 8 kept over heating. Is there any users out there experiencing the same problem or other problems?

It started out from the day after purchase with my Note 8 not holding its charge - over an hour to charge to 100% but in less then half an hour of looking at photos stored on the phone it dropped to around 95%. Then I turned the phone off and returned it on to save power and everytime I turned it on it lost 1% charge. I was told by Samsung that this was normal within the first weeks of using the phone and after a while the phone will adjust to power usage.Really????. I tried to optimise the phone setting so it would use less power setting the screen onto basic settings but it didn't make a difference. So I took it back to the Samsung store who didn't do any diagnostics on the phone but did a software update and advised me to see if it made a difference. This is when I started gaving a problem. Looking at photos from photos the Photo started to heat up and it took an awful long time to process - it looked as if it didnt have enough processing power and was about to crash the system. It was scary - the temperature of the phone was above 40  degrees Celsius and it was hot enough to burn my hand so I turned the phone off overnight. The next morning I turned the phone back on and it again started heating up as soon as I turned it on and just got hotter and hotter so I immediately turned it off and left it off calling customer care as soon as I had the opportunity and advised them that I would get to the nearest Samsung store as soon as I finished work.

This time I explained what was happening and they ran a diagnostic on my phone but it never heated up. It found it to be what I would consider a "software" issue which I suspected and not a hardware issue. It was the photo app that was causing a problem - isn't photos a Google app that is a default app that comes as part of the Google suite of apps? Apparently it is cloud based and it was very processing power hungry - I use this app on my note 3 all the time and it doesn't seem to affect it. A little annoying though since I updated the app because it wont let me upload more then 1 photo at a time onto blogger but performance wise it didn't cause my Note 3 to heat up or slow it right down at all. So this app was removed from my Note 8 phone - I told Samsung from the the start that I wanted to turn any Cloud based settings off - I hate using them on my phone. Ok so they ran the diagnistics again to be sure there were no other problems causing my phone to heat up. I switched  the phone off again to be safe but I turned my Note 8 on in the early hours of the next day as I wanted to continue catergorising my photos on the Note 8 internal storage and it started to heat up again as I was organising all my photos on my internal storage into folders so I turned my Note 8  off immediately. Another trip back to Samsung but I can't get there until Saturday!


TBC..........

Recharged my phone Saturday morning and it still heated up. Because I had other more pressing things to do I did not make it to the Samsung store therefore will have to pay them a visit Sunday. I know I will have to spend hours there again - just give me a new one!





No comments:

Post a Comment