Monday 23 July 2018

Monday 23rd July & Tuesday 24th July 2018 - Another Winter Swim @ Balmoral Beach Followed By Time @ Chatswood Library

I had planned to see the 1.30 pm session of Darling at The Verona today however it was another warm sunny day so I went for a lunch time swim at Balmoral Beach.

It is Monday last day of school holidays for some kids and first day back for other kids. The beach was still filled with people out and about with several swimmers today. It's the middle of Winter and I should be in the snow at a ski resort or in the mountains but no my body keeps wanting me to go for another Winter swim.

So off I go but could not make it back to The Verona in time to see Darling during the Scandanavian Film Festival. Missed opportunity.

Speaking about movies, I can't  wait to see Crazy Rich Asians however there is a other movie more contraversal which I am undecided about seeing.

A friends partner posted a movie trailer on Facebook due out in November called Boy Erased. There is nothing wrong about the subject matter as it is an interesting topic of conversation however after watching the trailer I thought it was a cheap copy of The Miseducation of Cameron Post which I really loved and which was a sell out film during this year's Sydney Film Festival. Films are often better starring new or less known actors and actresses. With Russell Crowe and Nicole Kidman I am unsure if it will do Boy Erased as a movie any justice.

Will have to see when it is out.

After my swim it was off to my favourite food court sushi place Taman then off to Chatswood library to do my tax return as I have an appointment with my tax agent tomorrow.

photos below of what I ate


fresh sushi not sushi from a sushi concession where you are unsure how long it has been sitting on the shelf for. Mine was still warm - grilled salmon and crab rolls.



Yikes ! I am far from completing it!

Appointment with my tax agent @ noon on Tuesday 24th July 2018 - lodged - another tax return bites the dust! I didn't know there was a maximum tax refund threshold! Gee thanks Mr Tax Agent for informing me today. By the way he charged me the same undisclosed fee as last year but he always jokes about charging me more. I told him there should be a threshold on how much he charges me!

Afterwards headed home and Sous Vide Experiment # 2 - 4 x 65 degree C eggs a duck breast in soy and sesame and a salmon fillet.


No comments:

Post a Comment