Saturday 7 July 2018

Sunday 8th June 2018 - What's Planned For The Months Ahead

I haven't posted anything this weekend as I had to work yesterday therefore today is a catch up day.

The sun is out again and it is around 16 or 17 degrees C but I am hoping to go for a swim tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Ok the sun is out but the clouds keep hovering and the sea is a little too rough to go for a swim today unfortuntely. It looks like it is high tide as the water level is getting very close to the sand edge near the wall surrounding it.




There is quite a lot on during July and I will probably not go to everything but select a few things to go to.

First up Winterfest Winterland Winter Magic etc whatever you would like to call this festival - it is basically pop up outdoor mini ice skating rinks around Sydney and its suburbs.

So if you live North there is Winterland @ St Leonards Park and Winterfest ice skating @ Luna Park. Postscript : Luna Park done! Refer my blog dated Sunday 15th July 2018. Decided not to go to Winterland or Winter Magic though.

And if you live East there is Winter Magic ice skating at Bondi Pavillion on Bondi Beach (which I have been to many times in previous years). This makes a great photo with ice/sand and waves all in the same photo.

Then there is usually a Winter festival out West at Parramatta

And in town usually at St Mary's Cathederal in the forecourt.

A reminder the Winter Festival in Katoomba has been cancelled for 2018.

Check all websites for details. Sessions are usually only 45 minutes long and cost around $22 per adult. Unsure if skate hire is included but Bobbies and Penguins are extra.

Then there are the Bastille Day celebrations

BBR is huge this year in parts of Circular Quay East and West, outside the MCA and in First Fleet Park and into The Rocks area. It is a 4 day celebration from 12th July to 15th July 2018. Postscript : Done! Refer my blog dated Sunday 15th July 2018

By Tuesday 10th July 2018, the wooden huts for the Christmas in July Markets have already been erected for the Bastille Day celebrations/festivals starting 12th July 2018. I still haven't booked my off piste experience ticket and the moonlight cinema seats are all sold out for every movie on every night during the festival. The wine tour has also sold out and cheese dome is almost sold out.

photos attached of preparations







A seprate annual Bastille Day celebration is on for one night only at The Argyle in The Rocks.

Onto movies where the Scandinavian Film Festival is on around Australia. In Sydney it is on during July. I am hoping to see the ballet film "Darling" and possibly "Thelma". Post Script : Unfortuntely unable to fit into my schedule therefore will not be able to see either film

Then there is the exhibition at Carriageworks entitled "comme un jeu d'enfant" ( like childs play) . Postscript : Done! Along with Ryoji Ikeda's Micro Macro @ Carriageworks. Refer to my blog Saturday 22nd July 2018.

In August there is the Sweet Expo on at the new location of EQ over 2 days over a weekend. August along with October are usually quieter months with September November December and January full of events to attend. More later on these months.

Today Tuesday 10th July 2018, I decided I needed to start training for the Bridge Run in September ( that I have already registered for) by buying a 5 ticket packet valid is for 6 months to attend Sydney Dance Company open dance classes. I went to my first Tuesday 1 am - 12.30 pm Beginner Contemporary dance class only to find out it won't be running any more after 17th July 2018. A lot of disgruntled classmates over this. Apparently SDC need the studio on Tuesday mornings for professional dancers to train in and because Sydney Dance Company is temporarily moving on 13th August to it new studios in Ultimo there aren't enough studios for the classes. This also affects the Jazz Express class straight after this class. We love this class and the instructor only teaches this class once a week. He will teach a regular yoga class  but who is going to show up at 8.30 am in the morning unless you are a local!? Class wasn't too difficult although I did manage to stuff up the warm up across the floor execises which are usually my favourite as it does not involve spins. The teacher actually videoed the routine at the end of the class - this better not end up on Youtube. The only footage I am curious to find is the lyrical performance for Christmas many years back. It seems everything I excelled at I get commented on but never actually get to see or read. Whatever happened to all those pieces I wrote that were published but I never got a copy of or sighted?

Work again tomorrow therefore trying to complete my tax return so I don't have to worry about it next weekend. My appointment with my tax agent is not until 24th July 2018 - What ransom sum of money will he charge me this year?!

Post Script : Beginner Contmporary dance classes continue on Tuesdays until the move. Check website for details. Unfortunately I had my Tax Agent appointment at noon on Tuesday 24th July 2018 therefore could not fit this class in. I am trying to attend Louie George's Beginner Jazz classes on Saturday mornings at 10 am as I did on 22nd July 2018 ( refer my blog) instead. After the move unsure of which classes I will attend particularly if they are shortened or cancelled. 















No comments:

Post a Comment