Saturday 28 July 2018

Saturday 28th July 2018 - My First Do (Almost) Nothing Day In A While

This Saturday I have nothing on. Usually at this time of the year I would be on my Tassie adventures or down in the snow somewhere but this year because I have had so much on have not been yet. Maybe in August when it is a little more quiet.

Today I decided not to go for another Winter swim at Balmoral Beach as the weather was overcast. Sunday is forcast to be sunny and warmer although strong winds may also a deciding factor of whether I go for a swim or not.

Today I went to my usual dance class - Louie George's Beginner Jazz class from 10 am - 11.30 am @ SDC. We were reminded again of the move,  shortened classes and amended dance class timetable. Louie is good with reminding his student of this beginning with " you all know where to go now........don't forget some classes have been shortened .......check the timetable........." before he starts his classes.

It wasn't as cold today as Louie points out therefore the heaters in the dance studios were off and he didn't  make us run around the studio today. He spent more time on the routine too. He is probably only one of a few dance teachers that has a different routine to different music every week! Most dance teachers rotate or repeat their routines to music for a few weeks.

Dance class over and it is time for a quick shower and the 325 bus to Town Hall for some lunch - my favourite seeded vegetarian roll with pesto instead of butter ( I removed the cheese slices this time) from Luneburger German Bakery and 5 calamari ring and a piece of crumbed fish with a lemon wedge from The Little Fish Shoppe just down almost next door. Yummy!

After actually sitting down for lunch, it was time for a little shopping ( which I don't get to do very often and I don't mean grocery shopping!) . First to recharge my Opal card at Woolworths for $50 for the week then to Arty Hearts I think it is called where I was served at the Pop Up store at Town Hall by the Artist herself. I purchased an Australian made tea towel with flowers on it. A piece of artwork by the artist which caught my eye. She said that instead of using it as a tea towel people frame and hang them. That is a great idea. I also purchased a small blank gift card with fish on it and the last thank you tag both to add into my stationery box for emergency gift giving.

Next back to Chatswood by train to continue shopping. First to have a look at Toms Project a Korean clothing store which always has an interesting $10 clothing rack out the front of their store. Great for a basic hoodie or sweat shirt even a funky t shirt. The $10 rack also has dresses, skirts, pants, shirts , shorts and jumpers . So if you are there at the right time you can actually get a great piece or a few pieces for your wardrobe for a bargain price without compromising quality! I certainly have purchased quite a few pieces and am so glad I discovered this store. Some pieces of clothing are one offs some in multiple colour options. The rack never has the same pieces of clothing on it which make it interesting to go through each time I visit.

Next stop UNIQLO  where I bagged another bargain a dark grey and black long sleeved skivvie which I have been meaning to purchase for a while now for $9.90 - bargain however it has a no refund no return condition on it - why would I? There is nothing wrong with it.

Final stop before heading home Muji an Asian homewares,  travel , clothing and stationery store located on the main strip of Chatswood where I purchased a second zippered collapsible storage cube to match the one I purchased a fe weeks ago from there.

photo below of Arty Hearts . Apologies for being unable to show you the artwork tea towel as they wrapped it up in tissue paper and stickered it so nicely I don't want to unwrap it. The note is a nice little touch too to tell you a little about the artist/founder.







No comments:

Post a Comment