Friday 31 August 2018

Saturday 1st September 2018 - First Day of Spring Activities

Today sure was the first day of Spring with a warm 21 degrees C although it did not feel that warm but the sun was out.

First to my regular Beginner Jazz class @ SDC. Louie George  repeated last week's routine to Lady Marmalade - that's not like him to repeat a routine but it was fun and he did refine it.

It took me longer to get to class then usual with roads blocked off for the Chatswood Spring Fair. I met an elderly lady on the way who I've seen around on the bus at Chatswood. She spoke very little English and I could only understand about 50% of what she was saying to me in Chinese as she kept switching from Cantonese to Mandarin and I only speak Cantonese but I managed to have a conversation with her and find out a little  about her. We both got off at Chatswood station and onto a train to Central Station then parted ways. On our train trip into the city we admired a mum and her cheeky but cute toddler. When I asked the mum where she was off to today with her toddler she said she was off to meet up with some of her toddlers friends and she asked me where we  ( meaning the elderly lady and I) were off to, I had to inform her that I was off to my dance class but actually didn't know the elderly lady  and that I had just met her on the bus and didn't actually understand all of what she said due to her language. I did find out that the elderly lady was off to Auburn to do some Asian grocery shopping.

I made sure she got across the Chatswood roads safely. Such a hassle getting to Chatswood Station this morning hence I left extra early after washing my fathers dishes and making him a cake and some braised pork ribs.

A quick shower after my dance class today before heading to Balmoral Beach for a swim. The Bathers Pavillion was full as everyone was out and about for lunch either for fathers day or because it is a beautiful Spring day forcast to change into rain tomorrow though.

It is a very long wait for any North bound buses to/from Chatswood hence I am late for everything I planned to do today. I only reached Balmoral Beach around 1.20 pm and class finished at 11.30 am. I only arrived at my 10.00 am dance class this morning at 9.45 am - just enough time to check in.

I am still waiting for a bus from Balmoral back to Chatswood and the Spring Fair will be well and truely over by the time I arrive. Public transport is so unreliable in Sydney. Yep it took almost 2 hours from Balmoral Beach to Chatswood including wait time. By the time I finally arrived at Chatswood Station all the stalls and activities at Chatswood Fair had packed up at 4 pm so I didn't get to see anything so just took some quick random photos below.


















A quick hot shower at Balmoral Beach and I was so hungry I ate a meat pie from The Bathers Pavillion Kiosk- never again!!! That was the most disgusting $6.50 meat pie I have ever eaten. I don't usually eat meat pies but had no choice at the kiosk - not much left. It was so dried out I could not even identify the meat. Yuk and it had no flavour - it could have been any type of meat. Straight to the pigeons - in the bin at least!

At the I was fascinated by a single black duck simming and diving in and out of the water with the waves. It came quite close to me in the water a few times- wish I had my camera then.

photo below



yep that black speck is a diving duck and not Loch Ness or a shark!

Back at Chatswood a proper meal from my from my favourite Japanese food concession of grilled salmon don with a sprinkle of chilli powder.

photo below



So tired - end of my Saturday. Another event tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment