Thursday 2 August 2018

Thursday 2nd August 2018 - My Typical Day @ Work

A typical day at work for me includes dealing with customers sometimes difficult and demanding ones, paperwork, returns , exchanges, transfers, deliveries, customer inquiries and orders face to face and over the phone, troubleshooting, gift wraping, emails etc.

Sometimes customer inquiries and answers don't always come out of their mouths as intended. The following 3 are my most memorable.

Customer 's Inquiry : " Do you sell Muslims?
My Response : " I think you mean muslin or cheese cloth and yes we do."

My Question to Customer : "Do you need a bag?" ( for your purchases)
Customer's Response : "She's over there"
(indicating to his wife)

My Question to Customer : " Would you like some assistance?"
Customer's Response : "I'm looking for a wife." (and he didn't mean his wife either. I think he meant knife possibly?)

A customer walks in and makes a comment to me : "I love the shopping trolley bag I purchased here on Tuesday!"
My response to the customer : "Great to hear!"
Customer's further response: " It was actually you that served me"
My response to the customer : " Unless you purchased it from the Balmain store I don't think so. That was my work colleague Brenda" (this is typical response # 1 from customers. Brenda and I always get confused as all Asians look the same to some people - both of us are so Australian with perfect English and a lack of any Asian accent)

A few customers have made the following comment whenever Brenda and I are working together and there are no other staff around. " Has this company changed hands? " (typical response #2 just because a business has Asian staff it does not mean it is owned by Asians).

Sometimes I get allocated odd jobs such as shopping for props for merchandising or shopping for supplies - paper, tissues, garbage bags, papertowels,  sticky notes, labels, other stationery items, batteries, tags etc. This was the special duty allocated for this evening - find a flat wooden artist palette that will fit 8 colours on it (I counted the colours before I went shopping for the palette) not a plastic one with indents on it. I went first to the newsagency which only had plastic indented ones then to Kids Stuff who had sold out finally finding one at Zap Variety for $8 which has a very impressive art section actually. Must revisit this store again.

So this is what I had to purchase the artist palette for. Photo below


This is actually blobs of precoloured Fontastic fondant from small tubs of around 250 grams each. These were free test product from the supplier to try out. This was used for front window merchandising. The paint brushes are also for sale as a set. Precoloured butter cream in tubes would have worked and looked more realistic unfortunately no free test products from the supplier of these.

After work it is Thursday night shopping but I can't be bothered cooking another lunch for tomorrow so I stop by my local Crust Pizza and order a large $25 Peking duck pizza. That is the only size it is available in.
Extremely disappointed with the customer service. The staff turnover is so high here no wonder the guy taking my order could not take my order , not even my name nor could he put my split payment through as a cash and card transaction. I hope the pizza is the same quality. The open kitchen looks very chaotic! Usually it takes only 10 minutes to receive my order so technically after I finish this part of my blog it will be ready and nice and hot!! Still waiting.....In the kitchen it is all hands on deck except for the guy taking the orders - he is just standing around doing almost nothing. There must be upto 6 pizzas being assembled and lined up to go through the oven at this point in time and it is almost 7 pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment