Monday 23 May 2016

Monday 23rd May 2016 - Coffee Club Ice Skating Class - What do you do when your classmate forgets her ice skates

The usual Coffee Club ice skating class at Macquarie Centre however I went to work straight after to cover for one of my work collegues.

Today I decided to take both pairs of my ice skates to the rink to determine if both pairs if ice skates needed to be sharpened when I went down to Melbourne.

I skated with my newer pair of Jacksons first as they are a better fit and found I was having a problem with them slipping on the ice whilst doing three turns therefore they definitely need sharpening.

My older original pair of Jacksons I did not actually skate with during the entire session as my classmate had forgotten her skates and was going to borrow a pair of hire skates for the session. I asked her what size her skates were and she was a 6 like me so I loaned her my older pair of Jacksons to wear which are a size bigger then the Jacksons I was wearing. They were a bit tight on her feet and she said that the blade is a bit shorter then her own skates but she survived the class skating on them.

Because the skates are a little tight and narrow for my feet as well (I ended up with a very large blister last time I wore them because of this) I am greatful that she has stretched them out for me a bit before I have this pair sharpened in Melbourne as well.

Another crazy ice skating exercise involving the shifting of body weight from side to side without lifting your feet off the ice to push or glide off. The momentum should move you forward - ah the physics of ice skating! I haven't done this one before. One of my other classmates says "I think it's a Russian thing!" We had to do this exercise forward and backwards. This exercise not as fun as the teapot exercise we were attempting a few weeks ago!

Sorry no photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment