Monday 23 May 2016

Sunday 22nd May 2016 - Bus 244 ride Wynyard to Chowder Bay & The Sydney Writers Festival Walsh Bay

After sleeping in this morning, I knew it was a going to be a more perfect day then yesterday - temperatures reaching 24 degrees and no sign of clouds. I really wanted to go to Balmoral Beach again for another swim as it was really hot.

Being time poor and knowing I had another event to go to in the afternoon, I never made it for a swim at Balmoral Beach because I decided to take a bus ride out to Chowder Bay. I asked the driver if the bus was coming straight back to Wynyard after arriving at Chowder Bay and was advised it was but there was a change of driver and when I arrived at Chowder Bay I missed the bus in front heading back to the city. I asked how long before the next bus and was advised about an hour. No! that would mean I would miss my next event I was going to.

Luckily the bus driver let me hop back on the bus and dropped me off a few stops ahead of the bus that was heading back to the city.  Will be back to explore Chowder Bay properly another day. Apologies no photos.

The bus arrived back at Wynyard around 3 pm which meant I missed almost 3/4 of the B'tutta performance which started at 2.30 pm. I managed to catch the last 15 minutes of the performance and loved it. Held in Studio 1 of The Sydney Dance Company, the studio was filled with adults and kids of all ages. The performance was very intereactive using the improvisation of voices from the audience and a variety of instruments including different types of drums from around the world and an assortment of familiar and unfamilar percussion instruments. Tapping and clapping were also used throughout the performance. Rating : 8/10 for an enjoyable interactive performance (refer to my youtube video of B'tutta's live raw and uncut performance )

After the B'tutta performance I went to visit The Department of Stuff and Nonsense to contribute to the #Fictionary wall of words.
(Photos attached of the wall of words and examples)

My contribution to the wall was as follows :

dulcineating (verb) or dulcineation (noun)
- to sweeten or sugar coat something for example an event, situation or incident to make it sound more appealing or appear not as bad as it actually looks, sounds or actually is.











No comments:

Post a Comment