Sunday 1 May 2016

Monday 2nd May, 2016 - Coffee Club Ice Skating Classes Continued

After 3 weeks break due to school holidays it feels as though everything you've learn has been forgotten.

Today we did mostly the same moves on ice but added a basic spiral. I haven't done a spiral for years and no longer have the flexibility to do them.

I remember before the invention of digital cameras one of my college friends I took ice skating with me taking a photo of me doing a proper spiral. It must have taken him at least 10 shots before he managed to capture me doing one.

Most of my ice skating photos are archived and hard copy. There are very few digital prints of me or anyone I know on the ice.

Today I was determined to take some photos after class if not during the class to post with this blog.

The mother of one of the girls in Coffee Club took some for me and I immediately sent them off to each of the girls in the photo.

Today was not my best class as I was having difficulty doing a lot of the figure 8 moves. My dizziness seems to be getting worse. I have already stopped doing multiple turns and spins across the floor in all my lyrical jazz classes but can still manage doing single or double spins and turns during a dance routine. I hope it is just a balance issue in my ears and not something more severe.

For the first time (my instructor noticed) I am wearing a black long sleeved turtleneck leotard, my old black skating skirt and my wool blend skin coloured over the boot tights for comfort and flexibilty. It's been so long since I last wore them ice skating.











No comments:

Post a Comment