Saturday 18 June 2016

Saturday 18th June 2016 - VIVID SYDNEY 2016 Closing Night Taronga Zoo (My Final VIVID Precinct)

I went to my usual Saturday Lyrical Jazz class from 1 pm - 2.30 pm. No hot shower today as system was out of order therefore I had to go home to have one and a quick change of clothes before going out to see VIVID for the final time.

One City - Three Weeks - Fifteen Precincts & Some Amazing Extra Events.

On from 27th May - 18th June , it's finally a wrap for VIVID SYDNEY 2016 "Lights Music Ideas".

This year I managed to attend all 15 precincts and also fit in a few extra VIVID events.

My final VIVID precinct tonight was Taronga Zoo and I could not fault it. Rating a perfect 10/10 - great job to mark the Centenary of the zoo.

Prebooked general admission VIVID tickets online meant no lining up when I arrived at Taronga Zoo. There was however a stuff up with the allocation and purchase of Sky Safari ride tickets online which was rectified for me when I arrived with a white wrist band to allowed me to experience the round trip gondola ride included in the VIVID general admission price.

The weather was perfect for the closing day of VIVID. The rain had stopped earlier and it was not cold during the evening. The following day which was perfect timing - it poured with rain all day.

The night was very enjoyable with a short ferry ride from Taronga Zoo Wharf back to Circular Quay. When I arrived , Circular Quay was crammed with thousands of people out and about all night taking in the final hours of VIVID.

Too many photos were taken therefore I have included just a few of my favourite highlights. (Also refer to my 2 youtube video )






























No comments:

Post a Comment