Sunday 30 October 2016

Sunday 30th October 2016 - 20th Sculpture By The Sea

Growing up in the Eastern suburbs, and living very close to Bondi Beach I used to attend Sculpture By The Sea annually when it was on. I have not been to it for several years now since moving to the Northern suburbs.

I did not even know it was on again this year until my friend from Montreal emailed me and asked if I had gone to see it or was going to see it this year. it made world news due to the recent wide waves thst destroyed or washed out to sea some of the sculptures. Wild weather is typical of the Eastern suburbs - examples being crashing waves, hail storms with hail the size of golf balls, thunder storms, wild rain and wind and heat waves and the occassional shark along Bondi (although this is not wild weather - it may be an influence)

This afternoon I spent a few hours at the annual Sculpture by the Sea along the Bondi to Tamarama Walk. Althought it was warm and overcast today, the forecast was for rain and thunderstorms in the afternoon. I managed to see most of the Sculptures before it started raining around 5 pm. My careful planning by saving Marks Park and the Sculptures Inside tent until last for my return walk back to Bondi Beach made perfect timing - sheltering me from the rain at least for a little while. I did carry extra clothes a rain jacket and an umbrella in my backpack - that's me always prepared!

Stay tuned I have so many photos to upload. Blogger is not the best when it comes to uploading photos and a total fsil at uploading videos.

In the mean time here were some of my favourite sculptures this year.

Sculpture By The Sea is on until 6th November 2016. Rating 9/10 a must visit for any visitor to Sydney even when the event is not on, the Bondi to Tamarama walk is a must do just for the coastal scenery and diverse vegetation along the walk.



It's a long walk to the top of Marks Park - ah the stairs!!!



One of the sculptures that was apparently washed off to sea or damaged




Follow the thongs!


Not my handbag, but I wish it was!




This was my favourite sculpture as it reminds me of my set of 3 metal flower cookie cutters on steroids!



Look one way and it appears straight look from the side and its bent!













   

Cave Urban - I refer to my old blogging website dulcinea.yee.simplesite.com - Art and About there was a Cave Urban very simular to this - by the same artist or a copycat perhaps????






No comments:

Post a Comment