Thursday 19 January 2017

Thursday 19th January 2017 - Just Landed - Vancouver Canada

Greetings from Crappy Vancouver Canada.
Although the direct Air Canada flight from Sydney to Vancouver arrived ahead of schedule,  my first day in Vancouver has been a total disaster.

1. I almost lost my passport having trouble checking in online therefore had to use the checking machines to print out boarding pass and luggage tags.

2. A very wet and cold day weatherwise.

3. Had to wait forever at the currency exchange to buy Can$

4. My local bank account I have had in Canada for 21 years with funds still in it and used to pay my annual  maintenance fees from has been frozen due to new banking legislation in 2016 which now makes it almost impossible for non residents of Canada to open or hold local bank accounts unless you are on s work visa

5. Don't have a choice in which mobile service provider I can buy a local sim card from because I don't have a local credit card or bank account to pay from therefore had to go for Fido which has the worse coverage Canadawide.  Then find out can't sending multimedia stuff by messaging. Settings were changed on the phone for me but still does not work. Txt looks like it is ok

Can't wait to go to Whistler although still won't be able to sort out my problems with phone or bank account.

Feeling a little jet-lagged still.

Stay tuned - hopefully my week in Whistler is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment