Tuesday 2 January 2018

2nd January 2018 - Day 6 In Vancouver YMCA KFC & A Movie

Day 6 in Vancouver
Still no sign of my missing parcel so I lodged yet another complaint online.

Today I joined the YMCA for a month membership as there is no joining fee for January. I then went to an Aquafit class followed but a sit in the hot tub.

The off to KFC for the Tuesday special followed by lunch back st the hostel.

Next a movie at Scotiatheatre where I watched Pitch Perfect 3.

Review & Rating : 7/10 this movie looks like the final in its series. Again the music and Rebel Wilson steal the show. Could have chosen an alternative actor to play Fat Amy's father in the movie I thought.

Picked up some groceries from the IGA on Burrard St.

Back to the hostel to dump my groceries and continue writing in my travel diary then off to my final destination for the day Vancouver Art Gallery which is open until 9 pm on Tuesdays and is by donation after 6 pm - I only had $1.80  in loose change so that was my donation to them.

Finally back to the hostel - sleep.

Photos attached


This photo reminds me of a work colleague of mine.







The interior of Vancouver Art Gallery




I didn't  understand his art until I read his history serving in the war.




Emily Carr and guest artists are regular exhibitions at the Vancouver Art Gallery














It's not Ikea but this was what  I came to see at Vancouver Art Gallery . Closing very soon it is the exhibition on Scanadavian design influences. I could see glimpses of Orla Keily if not Merimeko (oops my spelling is really bad)














No comments:

Post a Comment