Monday 29 January 2018

Sunday 28th January 2018 - Last Full Day In Rainy Vancouver.

First thing - I desperately needed a haircut therefore first thing I did was get one - a cheap quality one just around the corner on Davie Street which only cost me CAN$21 I think it is called Great Clips. I bet I had heaps of grey hairs - I only started getting them when I got over here to Vancouver - all the stress, I must have pulled out a dozen grey hairs!

Rating: 8/10. Recommended if you need a quick haircut.Value for money haircut, friendly staff, walk ins ok no need to make an appointment -  also in close proximity to other more expensive hair salons. Closest equivalent to Australia's chain of Just Cut cut price hair salons.

After my haircut it was time to do last minute shopping including the new Loblaws supermarket at Park Royal West Van and Walmart at Capillano Mall. A dress from Simons and the very last flex edge beater from Wal Mart - I hope it is the correct one!

Back to the Hostel to cook eat pack and sleep. Very tired - final laundry but no time to blog it is past midnight by the time I go to sleep .

Depart tomorrow for home. So glad luggage is in storage as lift is out of order again and won't be fixed until Monday.

How old was this tiered cake? The fondant or butter cream piped on coloured leaves and flowers were so dried out they were cracked and falling off the cake onto the countertop. Puts you off buying their cakes! I hope that tiered (that's tiered not tired) cake was for display only and not for sale!


Plain, pistachio, mixed nut, Chocolate baklava?! - this was disgusting! - in fact all the baklava that I purchased to taste were disgusting dry and so sweet it was difficult to swallow. Nothing like the baklava varieties we get in Australia which are honey based rather then sugar based (yes I could not only taste but see the sugar syrup cystalised around the baklava oozing out! Yuk!) , moist and syrupy and there is no such thing as chocolate baklava - don't mess with original recipes!




No comments:

Post a Comment