Wednesday 17 January 2018

Tuesday 16th January 2018 - Day 20 of My Vacation & Guess What Shows Up ?

Yes it is now Day 20 of my vacation and besides wishing I was back in Sydney and back at work I am running around doing last minute things in preparation to depart for Whistler before returning to fly back to Sydney in less then 2 weeks time.

Guess what decides to show up when I have left? - my missing Christmas parcel - yes the bag containing my special dietary items! Yes the one I have been blogging about and surviving without and running around since my arrival trying to replace missing items I needed and doing without the others throughout my entire vacation.

I could not deal with the situation when I was notified by the reception of its arrival therefore it is still in their downstairs luggage storage room.

What am I going to do with it? Do I try and get someone to bring it up with them if they are going to Whistler? Do I try and get somone to return it to the nearest postal outlet to send it back to Australia or do I donate the entire contents to the hostel I stayed at or the food bank?

Travel insurance does not cover this type of situation usually although I have not lodged an inquiry with them yet.

I am still going to seek compensation from Australia Post for the cost of postage contents and replacements. I will also take legal action against them as it is not the first incident of my mail going missing both local and international, damage to my mail, mail theft and other problems encountered such as mail not being redirected between 2 post boxes and held mail request resulting in all my mail being sent back to senders instead of being held whilst I was overseas etc etc - I have a full A4 lever arch folder dedicated entirely to Australia Post complaints!

Was it just co incidence that after Australia Post sent me an email advising it would take 60 days for a response to my complaint lodged and another email advising they could no longer assist me prompting me to send another email back to them advising them that I have a suspicion that the missing parcel had not left Australia and that I knew where it maybe but did not advise them of its location to have the parcel show up the following day? It has happened before but not 3 - 4 weeks into my vacation!

I suspect another letter has also gone missing as I did not receive a response from the company before I departed and they have been trying to call me international everyday during my vacation I suspect however I am unable to call them back as it is a private number.

So here are the details

I sent the parcel by seamail from North Willoughby Postal Outlet on 25th Sept 2017 by seamail.  I paid A$109.15 postage. This was before the closing date for Christmas seamail published on the Australia Post website of 28th Sept 2017. Tracking # CT101015769AU. It should take about 3 months for regular seamail to reach its destination. I arrived in Vancouver after Christmas on 28th Dec 2017. The parcel should have arrived before Christmas day. The parcel arrived on 16th Jan 18 however due to Australia being 1 day ahead and 5 hours behind the parcel actually arrived 17th Jan 18. That means the parcel took a whopping 115 days to arrive at its original destination! The number of emails online complaints lodged and facebook comments I posted in relation to my missing parcel are broken down as follows
Facebook comments  3 on Australua Post
Complaints lodged online
28th Dec 17 ref # 15659494
29th Dec 17 ref # 15695336
Emails to Australia Post -I have lost count!

If anyone is reading this blog and can assist me with steps to taking legal action against Australia Post and or Canada Post or have similar mail (letters and parcels) horror stories please respond via the comments on my blog. I will be interested to hear them and their outcome.

Onto Cheap Tuesday activities :

Yes I went out to get KFC Cheap Tuesday special.

Yes I went to see another Cheap Tuesday movie at International Village

But I didn't go to the gym instead I was out shopping around for more replacements as I had given up on ever getting my missing parcel during my vacation.

It was only after purchasing replacements that I returned to find a message from the reception desk - I thought I was in trouble but it was a message to advise me that a parcel had arrived. Too late!


I was on my way to International Village again to see Paddington 2 and it was already 7 pm where I was.

Rating 9/10 excellent movie for kids and adults. Lovable characters and you just can't stop laughing throughout the movie. Hugh Grant plays literally a washed out actor who is making a living doing dog food commercials - love him or hate him he is the villian in the movie and also a bit camp. I didn't even know he could do musical theatre!



No comments:

Post a Comment