Friday 12 January 2018

Friday 12th January 2018 - Lefarge Lake Winter Lights & Public Transit Adventures

It is still raining heavily and still no sign of my missing Christmas parcel.

I am beginning to think I will not complete all the things I had on my bucket list to see and do this trip.

Today was a rainy adventure though. My French roomate finally checked out this morning so another Aussie from Adelaide and I went with her and her luggage on public transport from the hostel to her temporary Airbnb accommodation.

A little far from downtown Vancouver but it was a lovely house and very clean. She had her own room.

After a toliet stop and dumping her luggage which was an oversized overnight bag and huge backpack we headed to Metrotown again on the skytrain. We stopped off for a shop and a snack before heading off to Lefarge Lake Douglas on the Evergreen Extension line to see the Winter Lights.

At Metrotown my little French and Aussie mates decided they wanted to get some "bubble tea" so off we went to T&T a large Asian supermarket.

My Aussie mate had not tried bubble tea before but my French roomate had many times so they both chose a mango one.

My Aussie mate could not finish his therefore my French roommate had the rest of his as well.

Please don't  throw up it is a very long skytrain ride to Lefarge Lake! You should have seen the expressions on the faces of the passengers seated next to and in front of my French roomate - my Aussie mate was winding my French roommate up on how she was looking a little green.

When we arrived at Lefarge Lake it was better then I expected and you could see the light display from the sky train station a few minutes walk away. I asked a local where the lake was just in case as it was dark. It was the end of the line so we couldn't actually get lost but it is a place I would not go to alone at night.

My French roommate and Aussie mate desparately needed to go to the toliet - it was already wet dark and there was a water fountain on the lake which made it even worse for my Aussie mate. He was tempted to go behind a tree or into the lake. Signs on the community centre and theatre advised their toliets were closed and that that the closest toliets were near the tennis courts which we thought was a few kms away according to the map of the lake area.

We managed to find 2 sets of toliets along the lake's light circuit so we all went. As soon as we came out of the toliet a park officer entered the toliets to clean them. They were very clean toliets.

We walked the whole light circuit around the lake and it was worth the trip out there.

Photos attached - they were not very good as my phone tends to freeze up in the cold and it is not water proof.









If Claire was here instead it would have been the bad girls. 

Rating 8/10  Another first  event visit for me. Cold and wet I still enjoyed it. Still on until 21st January 2018 and free to the public unlike Capillano Suspension Bridge Lights. If you missed out on Van Dusen Festival of Lights and Stanley Park Bright Lights (which I did not attend again this year) - Lefarge Lake and Capillano Suspension Bridge are still on.

I said to my French roomate - you just want to see Lefarge Lake because it sounds French.

Back to more mischief at the hostel! A mish mash of beer drinking, Irish song singing, incorrectly reading cooking instructions leading to possible overcooking a tin of baked beans after minding the tin for someone while he did his laundry and then telling a fellow mate that he has grey hair  and trying to work out how many guys does it take to open a tin of baked beans? Etc etc etc.....

It will be strange that I will have the room to myself tonight for the first time since I arrived on 28th December 2017.

Tomorrow another adventure and I have to leave early - back to Oakridge planned with no mates in tow!











No comments:

Post a Comment