Monday 22 January 2018

Monday 22nd January 2018 - Day 4 In Whistler & Ski Day 1

My first ski day on Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Only managed to ski 2 lower runs on Whistler Mountain and 1 lower run on Blackcomb Mountain to the village. Most of my time was spent on the gondolas.

My day started around 10 am and ended around 2.30 pm.

A ride on the Whistler Gondola to Olympic Station (mid station) for my first run down to the village via a green then blue run.
Next back on the Whistler Gondola but up to the Roundhouse Station then across on the Peak2Peak Gondola to Blackcomb Mountain for some sight seeing but no skiing.

After a few photos I wait for the silver glass bottom Peak2Peak Gondola back to Whistler Mountain. On my way I meet some day tripping sight seeing visitors from Vancouver. They downloaded on the Whistler Gondola with me.

The gondola kept stopping so it took me ages to get back down to the village to walk over to the Blackcomb Gondola to upload to mid station to ski back down to the village. No time to do a 4th run. The snow was really slushy on the Backcomb side so I uploaded again on the Whistler Gondola to Olympic Station to do a final run down to the village. Ah oh I became stuck and had to stop and scrap off the large clumps of snow that was stuck hard onto my skis. The clumps of snow just stuck and would not come off the base of my skis forming ice. I could not move in the snow. Finally up and off again I made it to the bottom of Whistler Mountain.

No more skiing.

Photos attached












When I returned to my apartment house keeping knocks on my door and asked if I had requested a pillow - no but I requested maintenance to look at my dryer that is not working. She then asked "Did I want a pillow?" but I had to say "No".

So embarrassing This was the first year I had a visitor stay over for the weekend only and nothing worked in my apartment when I arrived. To be offered a pillow after my visitor left did not exactly fix all the other problems I had in my apartment which still out of order 5 days into my stay.

I had sent an email to the property management company to advise them that I was having visitors over the weekend I arrive and to ensure everything was working in my apartment. Upon my arrival following is a list o f problems in my apartment

1. The television in my room was not working therefore I could not watch tv over the weekend as my visitor was sleeping on the lounge pull out. I was later told after my visitor left that the Shaw account had dropped off the list - the account had not been paid - well that's not my problem I don't  pay the account!

2. I only found 1 spare blanket and 1 spare pillow in my wardrobe in my room for my visitor. Nothing else in the blanket box or cupboards when I looked - usually there are spare pillows and quilts in the blanket box during my stay.

3. The thermostat was set well below normal and the fan in my room is so loud I can't  sleep. After my visitor left I slept on the lounge and will do for the rest of my stay even though the fan is still loud there too. Adjusting the thermostat did not do anything.

4. I had to ask for more toliet paper as there was only 1 spare roll in the cupboard and they always leave the very end of a roll on the holder not a full roll.

5. The exhaust fan did not work in the bathroom although my visitor insisted it was working. The maintenance person came and looked at the thermostat , the tv in my room and the exhaust fan. He explained the thermostat was set too low, the tv in the bedroom is an old box therefore he could not do anything about it but report the problem and the exhaust fan had been disconnected in the bathroom ceiling therefore the maintenance person reconnected it.

6. I must have called front desk 3 times and emailed a few more before discovering yet another  problem. My dryer was not drying at all. I had my clothes in the dryer for a whole day and they were still damp wet. It did not mater what setting I had it on it kept indicating damp wet and therefore had to hang all my wet clothes over the fire place, door knobs, window sills, over chairs and on coat hangers in my wardrobe to dry.

7. Why are all the buttons on the washing machine pushed in?It means I can only do a warm wash and not a cold wash when I only do a cold washes meaning my merino will all shrink and I may not be able to wash all my ski clothes and down jackets in techwash.

Will be asking for my maintenance fees to be refunded - "Not Happy Jan!" Photos taken in the event of legal action.


No comments:

Post a Comment