Saturday 13 January 2018

Saturday 13th January 2018 - I am so tired even black coffee does not wake me up!

Got up early today because I was meeting up with my cousin but she was late and only spent a measly 30 minutes with me.
Total waste of my time especially my gym time at the YMCA - I missed an hour class just to travel all the way out to Oakridge to meet up with her for 30 minutes. I won't bother next time.

Since I was already out at Waterfront I decided to take the seabus from Waterfront and go to Capillano Mall on my list to visit the Walmart there.

On my way feeling not only tired but hungry, I stopped off at Thrifty Foods for a chicken and vegetable pot pie then onto Save On Foods where there was quite a few sampling stations - salmon dishes, wheat grass smoothies, coffee, wine cheeses and crackers and hot sauces just to name a few. Must get out of there too much food to take in. With my purchases of red wine cheese and honey garlic sauce, I exit Save On Foods and onto Walmart!

I desparately need a micro SD card so purchase one. Next stop the bathroom and finish my blogging.

There was one very important thing which I forgot to blog about and it is the "End Of a A Shopping Era" - Tomorrow Sunday 14th January 2018 is the very last day Sears Canada will open its doors to the public. Finally after many years of trading and closing  down its Downtown store in Vancouver when the company went into administration the remaining suburban stores are closing forever. First it was Zellers  (my favourite store to shop due to its shopping atmosphere loyalty point system prices and range of goods available) which after many years of sucessful years trading decided to close down then Target gave it a shot only lasting a maximum of 2 years before closing down its chain of stores now it is Sears. This leaves Canada's only surviving department store The Hudson Bay Company which is barely surviving.

So I visited the Sears store in Capillano Mall only to find there were empty shelves all fittings and fixtures for sale and even old stationery eg decades old used lever arch folders pens rulers even staplers labels etc. The only products left for sale were a smalk range of oversized and undersized ladies clothing  shoes and winter accessories great if you are an xxs or xxl or your shoe size is a 12 or if you love the colour fluro yellow bright orange or lime green as examples!

Anyway I didn't purchase anything but did find a box containing hundreds of fold out paper measuring tapes similar to the Ikea ones in the furniture department upstairs amongst all of Sears furniture and fittings and so I took one as a souvenir as it had the Sears logo all over it. One for ny diary!

Irony: when I took my hostel mates to Metrotown they apparently went to the Sears store there before meeting up with me and my other hostel mate and had taken photos their heads on mannequins there as a joke. Little did they know that they held a part of history by taking those photos.

Back to the Hostel. Dinner and an early night.

New French room mate.






No comments:

Post a Comment