Thursday 4 January 2018

Thursday 4th January 2018 - Day 8 In Vancouver Aquafit Class & Fedtival of Lights @ VanDusen Gardens

Still no sign of my missing parcel and it is almost Day 9 of my vacation.

Today I went to my 2nd Aquafit class in the morning at the YMCA then grocery shopping then on the Canada line Skytrain to Broadway- City Hall and a round trip on the # 17 bus towards Van Dusen Gardens on 33rd Oak St and back downtown then back to Van Dusen Gardens.

I prepurchased a ticket in advance onsite to avoid queues. The ticket purchased online maybe a few dollars cheaper but it must be used on a particular day whereas purchasing a ticket at the site in advance meant I could use it any night up to closing night which is 7th January 2018. It is forcast to rain all week for next 1 - 2 weeks therefore hopefully the rain will stay away tonight for the Festival of Lights.

TBC.....

The gates opened before 4.30 pm and because I had purchased a ticket in advance I didnt have to wait to get inside. I had time to spare so took the # 17 bus back downtown and all the way back to Van Dusen Gardens.

It was worth the CAN$19 entry fee although I only spent 2 hours there.

The lights were absolutely fantastic and entry included a ride on a vintage carousel and synchronised Christmas music and light show.

Food trucks selling coffee mini donuts and other snack foods were also present around the gardens walks.

Photos to be attached below. Apologies problems uploading video onto You Tube again.




























No comments:

Post a Comment