Saturday 6 January 2018

Saturday 6th January 2018 - Early Aquafit class @ the YMCA & Walk Around downtown in the Rain

Day 10 of my holiday and still no sign of my missing parcel.

First thing on my list to do today is to go to my aquafit class at the YMCA from 9 am - 9.45 am.

Shower change of clothes and back to the hostel for brunch.

Next was to go to Robson Street to the only Scotia Bank open on a Saturday. The sign says open 9 am - 4 pm. It was noon when I arrived only to be told it was closed with a sign advising "due to a robbery incident the bank is closed"

So what did I achieve today - not much! It was wet so I spent some most of my time just walking around trying to find stuff.

I managed to recharge my Tim card. Meet some Aussies from Perth who had just arrived in Vancouver and here for a few days as a topover and direct them in the right direction to shops and other places of interest. They had overheard my Australian accent - great way to get to know the city - ask not a local but a fellow countryman (or woman).

Not much of a day today. Starting to feel homesick but probably more concerned about my missing Christmas parcel.

Up until late talking with other hostel mates - who were told off by the "Kitchen Nazi" for dumping their beer cans in the rubbish bin and not the recycling bin - had to remind the boys to not do it again and to put their remaing beer cans in the recycling bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment