Saturday 20 January 2018

Saturday 20th January 2018 - Day 2 in Whistler Day

Today is a do nothing day. Still waiting for Liz to arrive. She is so disorganised and I am wasting most of today waiting for her to arrive which is around 1.30 pm. I did expect her to arrive earlier.

Made and ate a chicken curry and started to make a brownie with macadamia nuts whilst waiting for Liz to arrive. Would have like to have gone snow shoeing as planned as it was a perfect day to go today.

1 pm and I think I will go for a wonder down to the village supermarket.

It snowed this morning then cleared up - even the sun came out!

Tbc.....

The other British girl in Whistler messages and she meets up at my apartment around 1 pm. I suggested to her that we walk to the Village Gate Loop to meet the coach that Liz is on . Great timing 2 coaches pull into the coach "terminal" and I assume the coach Liz is on is the Epic Rides Coach.

We walk back to my apartment and spend the afternoon together with mugs of hot tea, my freshly baked chocolate brownie and rasberries and Liz's chips she bought with her. It was a nice catch up before the British girl was picked up by her "date".

Next stop after our catch up in my apartment was grocery shopping from the other supermarket in the village,  more photos of the village as the snow fell and it got darker.

Then off to El Furniture for dinner with a drink. We lined up for ages to get in. In all my years in Whistler I have always wanted to go to this eatery but too scared to go in on my own.

Fish tarcos and a rasberry mojito . Hope it is as good as it sounds on the menu. $5.95 all food the menu advertises (plus taxes! Add tips!)

Ok the food was good - worth the wait even in the snow!

Photos on Facebook and attached.





A final walk around the village at night and it was snowing heavily. More photos. Liz was insisting on going along all the scenic routes and to the Artesian Markets at the Westin Hotel. I advised her that it was not that great. When we arrived it was not all that great and the only thing that spotted my eye was a stalk that sold printed caps and tshirts and how I could just see one of the guys staying back at the hostel wearing one. One more photo with the giant beat in the hotel lobby then back through the village back to my apartment. Liz wanted to go for a swim but ended up having a shower and going to sleep. 

I retire to my room and try to watch tv but it does not seem to work and the fan in my room is so loud it is annoying me therefore I need to ring front desk to fix these problems.

End of day 2 in Whistler.







No comments:

Post a Comment